Thread: Overeclocking GTX 460 1GB

Overeclocking GTX 460 1GB

Like all of you I too have GTX 460 1GB card and and I need help to get best from it. I have tried the setting I got on Internet but I could not overclock my computer. I have updated my computer BIOS to F9. My computer configuration is listed below:
    Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q9950
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GTX 460
    RAM: 4GB DDR2
    Graphic: nVidia Geoforce 8800GTS
    Hard disk:3 Sata HDD
    External HDD:2 External USB HDD
    2 DVD Writer
    If you have any idea so that I can overclock with it, please let me know. Your suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Overeclocking GTX 460 1GB

I too have some issue overclocking my cards. I've get them clock to 860 core and 2020 memory at 1.025v by means of MSI Afterburner. It is steady within games in addition to all tests by means of these clocks. The trouble arrivess as soon as I attempt to switch it to the stock clocks though I'm not gaming. Occasionally, by chance it seems, I obtain a BSOD at the same time as I hit apply to load the stock profile back up or at what time I leave to load the overclock profile. Occasionally it gets the BSOD very soon since changing the fans speeds on the stock clocks. It does this by means of Afterburner in addition to correctness together so I'm not confident what’s disappearing on at this time. I'm not in fact certain what to perform through it. I'm as well having a trouble through the cards downclocking themselves. Despite the fact that I was playing SC2 a bit previously my next card was successively running at 53mhz plus the new at 763mhz. Still at the present I type this one card is at 405 and the other at 763. Do youi have any suggestion to solve this issue?
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Below is my GTX 460x2 box at SLI temps.
    GPU Core clock: 850.5 MHz
    GPU memory clock: 1998.00 MHz
    GPU shader clock: 1707.1 MHz
    GPU Temperature: 63 C
    Fan speed: 44%
    Memory Used: -590 MB
    GPU Load: 98%
    Memory controller Load: 16%
    nVidia sli: Enabled
    With these setting I can reach 875 MHz core clock.

I purchase one of GTX460 cards and its an remarkable. I have this card successively running at 800MHz core clock, 1600MHz Shader clock, and 1800Mhz Memory clock. All game I have runs at less 30 FPS in 1920x1080 on max textures and 8x AA 16X AF. Crysis Warhead, Fallout 3, Modern Warfare 2, empire total war this card plays it maxed out. I bench-marked Heaven by Imagine at average of 27.6 FPS with all settings on high apart from tesselation, set to normal, DX11, 8x AA 16x AF, in 1080. The card remains at 30 C stable plus 55 degrees under load. This card is a severe challenger! This card has it each and every one, its 3d ready, 3 display surround capable, SLI ready, OC Friendly presently in excess of the $200 mark.

I have similar card, however as soon as I use msi afterburner it won’t stay overclocked I saved it however in gpu it don’t display, it displays stock speeds ffs. EVGA precision tool display message asking which programs I can use to overclock at time when I start it. It also failed to load RTTSH.dll. This might be due to because Microsoft C++ is not installed properly.

As a result distant I've pushed the clocks since the stock 715/1400/1800 to 800/1600/1800 without the smallest amount of interruption. I'm expanding several times in gaming previous to approaching the card additional, except I think I'll perhaps observe similar numbers. Entertainingly, still by means of to facilitate a lot of an overclock the card is still whisper calm and runs by the side of the equal temp it did prior to.This card's absolutely a unbelievable importance in expressions of performance per dollar.