Thread: How to overclock Nvidia GeForce GTS 450

How to overclock Nvidia GeForce GTS 450

I have Intel Core i3 and Asus P55 motherboard. I have recently upgraded my graphics card with GeForce GTS 450. I now wanted to overclock this card to get better results and performance from my computer. I will be using my system mostly for high end gaming and sometimes for my college work. So is it possible to get as much as possible from my computer? Could you help me in overclocking my Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 graphics card? Is it good to overclock this card or should I leave it to it defaults to avoid any damages?

Re: How to overclock Nvidia GeForce GTS 450

GeForce GTS 450 is similar to its previous cards. Their connection is identical, as their size, and cooling system shares the same principle. It has a large 80mm fan with 11 blades, so you can easily identify how much cooling it can provide. The card manages its energy both at rest and when in work; and its cooling system, although greatly simplified, keeps the GPU cool without breaking our ears! Thus, on comparison with AMD models, the temperature load on GTS 450 was at 70 °C, while the AMD side we consistently surpass 80 °C under Furmark (84 °C maximum).

With the GF106, GeForce GTS 450 s simpler and more compact. I don't think you require any kind of overclocking since the GPU is already clocked to 783 MHz (double for its processing units) and the card has 1 GB of GDDR5 @ 1804 MHz. However, if you still want to increase the frequencies than I would suggest not to exceed it to 790 MHz core and 940 MHz memory. You can also find a mini HDMI output in addition to two DVI outputs. So you require just a 6-pin power connector to use this card.

Although the brand provides a good cooling system which hardly generates any problems but if you are overclocking your card then it is also recommended to have an external cooling system. I would suggest you to monitor the temperatures of the card and the whole system all the time until you are sure your computer is stable. If required include more advanced cooling system.