Thread: Gigabyte x58 udr3 BSOD

Gigabyte x58 udr3 BSOD

I have the Motherboard from the Gigabyte and it is x58 udr3, the problem is that I get RANDOM BSOD’s whenever I try to use the system after it starts up. Well I do not know the exact place from where or because of what I am facing this problem. I did overclocking and I thought it was stable. I tried all the things that I could have from the WEB but found nothing that could help me out of the problem. In addition to all the things I also tried turning down the clock of the CPU but that too did not help. I also tried the same thing with the RAM but yet again I end up with the same things. I get the random BSOD and sometimes I get the Memory Management BSOD. Also when I try to play games I have noticed that the game hangs and at the same time I can hear the repeated sounds. I am absolutely clueless regarding the same and any help in this matter will be really appreciated.

Re: Gigabyte x58 udr3 BSOD

Well it is the matter of OVERCLOCKING and the thing is that the matter needs to be solved with utmost care. Before suggesting anything I would like to ask you some questions so that I can make myself somewhat comfortable with the scenario. What are the QPI (Quick Path Interconnect) and the VTT voltage that you are using? Also in addition to that I would suggest you to try to disable the XMP (eXtreme Memory Profile)? I think that can help you a bit your problem. Do post regarding the voltage that you are using for the MotherBoard.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Thanks a lot for the response, actually the scenes is that I wanted to play games but they were not running well with the current specification of the system and I had heard that the overclocking can help me in running the game on the system. So I decided to go for the same. I had no idea that it will cost me so dearly. The QVI/VTT voltage on my system is 1.33 but sometimes it also rises to 1.375 but making no difference. I was so upset with the thing that before writing here I tried to put all the other voltages on the motherboard and see if that can help the motherboard in stabilizing, but even did not help. I do not have any idea what part of the system is causing the thing to happen. Regarding the XMP I just want to say that yes it is disabled but that also did not help. What is next thing that I can expect you would suggest me that can bring any difference?

From the scenario that you have just explained in this thread I think that if you are running the RAM of the system at the 2000MHz then you will be required to have some more qvi/vtt voltage. If at all you do not find doing that much comfortable then all I can suggest you is try to lower the speed of the RAM, I would say just lower it to the 1866MHz or even lower to the 1800MHz. For now I think that is the only thing that I can suggest you at the moment. If you want you can wait for the other members to come up with some more suggestions.

I think that it will be nice if you can have the BIOS of the system updated and I am sure that this update can help a bit so that you can be out of the situation. If I would have been in your place and would have been asked for the same then I would have gone for the latest official BIOS and not the BETA version at all. Well it is just a guess and I think that it can be given a try. Just try that and see if that can help you in your situation. Regarding the freezing issues have you ever tried talking out the battery from the motherboard, if not I would suggest you the same. Keep the battery out for say 12 hours and after that just place it in the motherboard again. Then just re-enter the settings of the Overclock and see if that can take out the freezing issues while playing the games.

I was stuck with the same situation and I tried to follow some of the suggestions that I got from other forums but they did no help me that. Finally I was left with the all the applications crashing on the BSOD. I tried to run the Memtest for the system but I have seen that it is also failing. I tried to reboot the system again but I have seen that not much change can be brought with the same. They (members of the other forums) asked me to flash the BIOS of the system but I have been caught with the Boot process. Now the thing is that I am stuck at the Verifying DMI pool Data. Can you all please suggest me some more things. I have posted the same thing there but could not find any help, from them. Please help me guys.

Well in your case Revati I think as you are getting stuck at the Verifying DMI pool Data then I think that it will be nice that you have all the components on the motherboard well connected. I am sure that the loose connection of the vital component like the Hard Disk or the RAM or the GPU may be causing the issue. In addition to that please see if the SATA cables are neatly connected to the particular place. What .:MUNDITO:. Suggested can also be tried, remove the battery for some time and ten connect to it and then again try reflashing the BIOS. I do not see any other reason or the failure and hence would suggest you doing the same. Do post if that helps you.