Thread: Water cooling i5 750 on Asus P7P55D

Water cooling i5 750 on Asus P7P55D

Its not as long as I purchase this new PC, and now I want to overclock. I am very familiar with computers, but has struggled a bit with the stability of the past, so I thought it was just good to have help.

Specifications of your computer:

Asus P7P55D
    Intel i5 750 2.66GHz
    Corsair H50 (CPU water cooling)
    Corsair 1333MHz (1600MHz OC) CL9 Intel i5/i7
    PowerColor ATI Radeon 5850 PCS +

What I've done so far with regards to overclocking is to increase the frequency of the RAM to 1600MHz. What I need help with multi-play shoulder and FSB + Vcore etc.

Anybody know what volts it should be in default? And how to overclock it?

Re: Water cooling i5 750 on Asus P7P55D

Can give you some quick tips:

1. Start to disable Intel EIST, C1E, Spread Spectrum and HyperThreading in the BIOS. If you see something called the LLC, you can activate it.

2. Never start to overclock the memory first. Start with the CPU, by increasing the blck frequency in BIOS. When you increase this so you overclock memory. Therefore, you must reduce the multiplication factor. Put this down. Let Uncore factor is 2x memory.

3. Since you have a good CPU cooler, you can add up to around 3.6 GHz with a time by setting the FSB. Remember that the memory/RAM to underclock. Restart your computer and run Prime95 for 30 minutes and observe the temperatures through Real Temp or Core Temp. If the machine is unstable, increase Vvore (ie voltage to the CPU) with 0.0125 volts or 0.02 volts. Run Prime95 for 30 minutes and see. Then you can increase blck again so that the CPU will be overclocked further. Make sure the memory frequency, when you want to exclude that it is overclocked memory that leads to instability.

4. If it is still unstable, try to give some more volts to QPI / VTT, and we are talking about the smallest increases in the BIOS supports. The same applies to the PLL.

5. Follow the recipe in Section 3 again until you get instability. Remember that you should not increase the voltage / volt for every time you increase blck. Just a little bit when it becomes unstable in Prime95. Do not exceed an increase in Vcore of 0.1 volts until you have received more information through this thread or elsewhere on the web. Be careful with the voltage / volt, then it is the one that is dangerous for your computer. Have even no experience with Core i5, but I understand that it's basically like a i7 system of 1366 base.

6. Once you find the highest stable overclock you can think of memory again, and the best total solution for a good computer clock. But that's another bedtime story, that someone else can probably tell you.

Have tried something until now. Tried first 200 x 20, ie 4GHz, but I got error. Wondered if it does not works to bind CPU and memory? So no go when I set up the CPU, if you understand? I'll try your tips now

When you increase the bclk, increase the frequency of both CPU and memory. Memory speed can be set down by adjusting the "system memory multiplier (SPD)". Set it low so that the memory is not running over 1333MHz. Also, set the "performance enhance" to the standard.

You can hardly go to 4GHz without increasing the Vcore slightly. On my 930 it is 1.2375V and also Vdroop is set to enable. It seems to run 3.9GHz (186 * 21) and stable core is up to 40C above room temperature with a Corsair H50. I've also run it on 4GHz, but then crashed either SW or PC after a few hours. It may be because the memory was set to 1T, I don't had time to test after it was reduced to 2T, which is in accordance with the spec.

It is perhaps a little fresh to pursue bclk on 200 immediately. If you try 180 and insert the memory during the 1333MHz, it may be a good place to start. You can set Vcore to 1.20V or 1.21V. Does it work, you can increase by 5 bclk and test again, etc.

I can not find some of the things you say in the BIOS. Has almost been through everything, to look more closely at it when I get home. Right now I'm in cyber so not able to test.

Put on Prime95 for 6 hours a night, but my PC froze up. BCLK is located at 190 and the multiplayer is on 20 when I get around 3.9GHz.

So you recommend me to watch the memory? Should I increase the frequency later? Now is it on 1520MHz, can not get it higher because as I said BCLK and the MHz on the memory are linked.

Some tips to find it in the BIOS?

The loss in the memory chip timings can give you performance improvement. So what you earn in MHz, lose heavily on access times. You can change the memory multiplier from 8 to 10, but then your memory running at 1900MHz. You should also be careful with the voltage of the frame. It should not be over 1.65V.

It sounds like you are very keen to ram overclocking.