Thread: what is the Safe voltage for intel i7-930

what is the Safe voltage for intel i7-930

I am using the intel Core i7-930 from last few months, from last few days i am trying to overclock my i7, but i am not aware that what should be the safe voltage and temperature for it to do so. when i entered my bios it was saying that my chip is idling at 53C. I can't understand what does it actually means.Is the temperature is too high and i can't tell actually at what speed my chip is actually running, If it exceeds the limit it freezes automatically.

Re: what is the Safe voltage for intel i7-930

I will suggest you to not overclock your CPU cause already the temperature is too high. As mentioned your CPU is idle at 53c, it is too high to do so, do one thing try try to keep the temperature low, It is now exceeding a lot. the normal temperature should be 1.250V. try hard to cooling it down.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I would like to say that this temperature is been increased due to lot of memory space occupied and loads of work done.Try and keep your loading temperature below 70c . It will maintain the temperature only if you cool it down for a specific period of time . You should have control the temperature earlier only, But now just try to calm it down, From next time just make sure that it will not exceed from the minimum range which will prove harmful to your Computer.

As informed by you regarding the BIOS, i will rather say that bios says nothing regarding the increase in temperature unless and until the problem is the major one, Also because none of the power saving modes are activated. Don't you ever increase the speed to 4ghz just stick to 3ghz which will keep the temperature low that is around 70. Which sounds ok to me.