Thread: X2 3800 memory controller limiting overclock

X2 3800 memory controller limiting overclock

I bought a s PC with an AMD Athlon 64 3800 + Orleans Core (simple heart) and my motherboard 's automatic overclocking my CPU from 2.4GHz to 2.64GHz. I just wonder if this gain is visible in PC performance and also whether there is a risk for my brand new processor. Can anybody help me for limitation of overclock X2 3800 memory controller. Thanks in advance.

Re: X2 3800 memory controller limiting overclock

Generally the most recent revision is , the more likely large O / C increase. But this is not always the case, some processors in the same review, described as excellent , very well may have poor results. This is mainly because of variations in production . From these cores, it is certain that were often also apparent. We reached the critical point of a good OC, because when it comes to overclocking , nothing is invented since the principle remains unchanged : Search for the maximum frequency.

You need to obtain the frequency of a processor by multiplying the multiplier and the FSB / HTT . Either for a A64 3000 + 1.8 Ghz 200Mhz x = 9. HT (Hyper Transport) will be 200Mhz to 1Ghz x = 5 . It is obvious that if we increase the FSB will increase the HT Link . Initially , make sure you have all the necessary software to overclock efficiently:

* Cpu - z
    * Software monithoring ( MBM 5 , Speed Fan , etc ....)
    * Stability Test ( Prime95 , OCCT , SP2004 , etc ....)
    * ClockGen

To make a good overclocking , you should determine that it is the element that can slow the growth of your configuration. Consider an example: you have the PC3200 Noname and now is running at 200Mhz , expect not to reach 250Mhz synchro.Il you need your memory out of sync in the passing of 200Mhz to 166MHz . Then if you continue to climb and you reach the limit of RAM , go there at 133Mhz . It is necessary to verify that the AGP or PCI Express frequencies are blocked , they can have an influence on stability, the default values are 33/66Mhz ( AGP / PCI ) and 100Mhz for PCI Express.

If the system is not stable , increase the Vcore slightly and repeat the operation , while checking the temperature. Do not exceed 70 ° C during stress. Regarding the HT Link, as seen above, its value is 1Ghz on S939 and AM2 motherboards , while it is for the 800Mhz motherboard s754 ( coeff HT : x4 ). Indeed , when the FSB will increase the value of the HT Link will follow depending on the coefficient HT set, you can exceed 1GHz to 1.2 GHz for example if your mother board is of good quality .

A little tip to know the limits of your motherboard , try first the Max FSB : put the smallest factor possible on your processor and HT Link set a coefficient to x1 . Gradually increase as if you overclock your CPU off it will always be less than its original frequency , and the limiting factor is the FSB. Then test the HT Link up : keep a low coefficient processor but have your coefficient HT on its maximum value : x5 . Increase until no longer stable and you find your HT Link up , do not exceed this value docs when your overclocking. You can test all the limits of your mother board this way , the ram , same principle , we descend the coefficient processor, and the coefficient HT Link and the FSB is increased by being synchronized with the ram Ratio 1 / 1 . And so after each possible timings of your ram.