Thread: Are water cooling kits (potentially) silent

Are water cooling kits (potentially) silent

Hi all,
    I don’t know anything about the water cooling system .I know the one which I use in my water tank. But it creates noise and disturbs my sleep. I have a huge dell case which has panel 4 mm thick. I want to ask that if I fit water cooling kin inside the case. And put silencing foam inside, use low cfm fan, etc then will this set up be a silent setup or not.

Can you recommend me the best water cooling system for e8400 which is running at 4 GHz?
    www.techarena.in

Re: Are water cooling kits (potentially) silent

Normally most of the computer water cooling pumps do not make noise. when you mount MCP350/355 and MCP650 in your computer very correctly, you will not hear any sound from it. but ya there may be a bit sound of micro bubble ticking through but that is also only when you are very close to machine.

If you use slower fan or no fans then you should check how big and how many radiators you are using. More use of radiators means more heat dispated with less air flow.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Hey, I got a water cooling system to silent my 3870X2s and I did it too. And now on Full load also my computer stays at the same quiet level.

we'll be able to give you a more informed suggestion for a kit If you can tel us what case it's all going in and if you want it all internal or with some external rads.

If we consider the price then I don't think that the passive res will really give you that much heat dissipation if we compare it with another radiator for the same price.

If I talk about my case it does not buzz or vibrate at all. I don't have mounting on it, It is sitting flat on metal in the case. It is a MCP355 with XSPC top. You can also get XSPC res top and you dont need a separate res at all.

Most important thing that you should keep in mind that you should not add aluminum to your loop otherwise you will end up with tears.

If you are looking for the radiator with best heat disipation/noise ratio and offering excellent cooling even wuth the quietest fans then I will suggest you to for thermochill radiators. swiftech and XSPC are also not so far behind and they are less expensive. If you D5 troubles you with with its noise then some gell stuff from petras will do the trick for you. You should think hard before using something like that on DDC.

You should try D-Tek Fuzion v2. It comes with the Pro-Mount stock. If you can avoid then don't add aluminium to your water loop. This may stop galvanic corrosion and you will not have to use much anti-corrosive. If you run at T line with fill port then reservoir need not to be so big because you don't need that.

is water cooling really worth the trouble? i know your CPU is OC'd but still...