Thread: Gigabyle GA-MA770-UD3 BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR

Gigabyle GA-MA770-UD3 BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR

I have just purchased a new one CPU (AMD Phenom II x4 945) with the replacement of one. I am working with a Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 motherboard and the error comes up as this:

Warning! MAIN BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR!

Retreiving recovery source from HPA.... HPA BIOS recovery not available!!
    Retrieving recovery source from Back-up BIOS.... Done!

BIOS Auto-Recovering
    I have studied some online guidelines that if you replace the CMOS battery, the issue can be resolved but that only when an error just as that loops.Do you have any suggestion to stop this ..

Re: Gigabyle GA-MA770-UD3 BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR

I am running with the same issue with my recently purchased GA-880GA-UD3H. At the starting with the F1 version of the BIOS, I moved within the F3 without any improvement. I am currently under the F4A and it is always same. It will writes again onto the BIOS, restart, rewritten BIOS, restart and thus buckles some without any restrictions. It is important that I terminate up the supply by power switch then that I start again so that moves without any issues ! It is looking so strange that the BIOS does not lose anything of its management.

Whenever I power on my system, I receive two short beeps and as per my mobo manual it shows that the "CMOS Setting Error". My system starts up well anyway, but there has been times where the system did not. I have used to go with the configuration of my BIOS to optimized the configurations but that didn't perform anything.

Here is my system specs:
    P55 UD3 Rev 1.0
    XFX Radeon HD 5770
    2x WD 600 GB HD RAID 0
    GSKILL Ripjaws DDR3-1333 CL7-7-7-21 1.5V

I continuously running with the following line and it comes up when my BIOS starts up - CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded.

It seems start going on when I finished the downloading of spybot search&destroy. I have since cleaned up the program but still getting the same issue again and again . I have replaced the CMOS battery on the mobo as but it still continuously (every few start ups) comes up . Anyone have any suggestion regarding this to solve the problem?

You have damaged the BIOS at the time of going through the procedure to update the BIOS , or you have used the incorrect BIOS. After all, there is a recovery option booting from a floppy. It seems as you have used the floppy, are you sure that you controlled the media management in the proper way, and with the absolute image? What does Gigabyte tech support say about this problem ?

I thought at the cmos battery also. the message from cmos occurs because the CMOS has been reconfigured. It is commonly performed or by pulling out the battery temporarily... or going through the jumper on the motherboard.
    you changed the battery so it is not an issue anymore. Maybe the battery is not adjusted properly or the jumper is not properly set and periodically the contacts are touched. you need enable the check of both . In case, if got fails then it is related to the motherboard issue ...

Updated the BIOS with the help of gigabyte's @bios provided utility and it has not made any changes that should be done - the cmos keeps resetting. Though the updated BIOS which seems better. I have checked out the battery after that and its seems well. I have had the chassis onto the carpeted floor so put a another section of wood underneath to restrict any possible static problem getting occurred with the BIOS implementation. Still, I am not getting any changes there . Whats interesting is that if I reboot the machine or switch this back on when its been turned off for a couple of hours and seems well - boots up no probs.