Thread: Asus M4A785-M increase core voltage

Asus M4A785-M increase core voltage

I am getting some issue in the overclocking of my machine and don't have any idea what to do in this case.. This may assumes as a noob question here but,it is tagged onto the motherboard am I am not sure that which BIOS option would be used to increases the CPU voltage. Can somebody suggest me about the procedure to choose the option within the BIOS to increases the voltage ?Help me please .!!!

Re: Asus M4A785-M increase core voltage

I don't have a proper idea that if it would be feasible , but I am having same mobo at least. From the BIOS setup utility, move to the Advanced tab and then after choose the JumperFree Configuration.It assumes as you are able to configure the voltages and timings for more components . Also, my mobo is provided with the disc with an overclocking GUI. I am just considering that you should try getting into that since (According to me only because I have it and looked via the same ) it automatically checks whether your system will be stable with the configurations you used to modify.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I have the same mobo. After getting entered into the BIOS settings , you issue right, which should move you to the advanced tab, there you will provide the "jumperfree config" and then scroll down with the "CPU overvoltage" and this should be configured with the auto. I have just navigate with the + key and it will be taken on auto. Then you move in the same manner with the + and - keys to go through the voltage in increments of .00625v. If you are sure exactly what is the voltage you need right now instead of going through the + and - keys.

Indicate the cmos jumper. Go with the manual to search this up on the print out of your motherboard. You have to go through this over one status to have 2 out of 3 pins covered with the system off and the power supply disconnected to reconfigure the BIOS. if your would not post after configuring the CPU fsb to overclock. From the "advanced" menu,choose "jumperfree configuration" and configure the CPU overclocking with the "manual". Then configure the "cpu reference clock" with the value of 240. Then configure cpu overvoltage as "manual". the voltage selection should be displayed . 1.38 is the assumes as complex configuration and that should be safe.

Download and perform the installation of AMD Overdrive. Just poke within the tabs and it will suggest you what is the current voltages are for different components as well as what the manageable voltage range is for different CPU/chipset parameters. It is necessary to configure the entire thing with the default before you perform the same. There is some other alternatives to configure everything to auto in bios and then switch each components in the question to manual.