Thread: Swiftech Mcw60-T with HD 5870-HS

Swiftech Mcw60-T with HD 5870-HS

I need some help with liquid cooling support on my system. I am overclocking my system and it is getting heating up. I wan to buy up Switftech Mcw60-T on my system. It will be accompanied with HD 5870. Does this is a good liquid cooling. As my budget is little low so this can be a nice solution for my system. What are the compatible cards for the liquid cooling and what are the other things I can do here to cool out my Graphic card.

Re: Swiftech Mcw60-T with HD 5870-HS

Swiftech is good option for cooling systems and now the MCW60-T is a good sink for water-cooled graphics cards. The MCW60-T uses the GPU water-block Swiftech MCW60 coupled to a thermoelectric module 188 watts to be supplied with a voltage of 12-19 volts. Depending on the heat and cooling capacity of the cooling liquid, the temperature of the GPU can be maintained in the range from room temperature to a temperature well below 0 ° C. According to Swiftech tests, the temperature of a highly overclocked GeForce 7800 GT does not exceed 17 ° when the thermoelectric module requires 12 V.

Swiftech Mcw60-T is a cooler reserved for experienced users. The MCW60-T is compatible with most GeForce 6800, GeForce 7800, GeForce 7900, and the majority of the Radeon, Radeon X1900 included. It is aimed at experienced users and enthusiasts of the extreme overclocking and requires appropriate insulation to prevent condensation that would be fatal to the graphics card. It is also less costly.

Yes you can go for the same. It is a nice cooler for avoiding overheating the system. A fast processors produce a lot of heat to be dissipated to maintain the proper functioning and stability of the system. The temperature sensors of the CPU and motherboard temperature monitoring system. If it rises above the optimum value, the fan will run faster to increase airflow and improve cooling. It is this movement that causes the noise.

For reducing overheat and the fan speed it is important to install the processor and configure the system to maximize heat dissipation. In this response, you must go through a guide or some tutorial which can guide you for some installation. There are some other ready made kits available but you must keep a proper maintenance for the cooler. There must not be leakage.

The chassis is one of the main components affecting system performance. For I will recommend you to use a chassis of TAC version 1.1. These chassis are designed as the ambient temperature of the system does not exceed 38 ° C. The hood has a vent located above the processor and directs cold air over the CPU and fan, cooling and also components around the CPU. In general, these frames also provide a cooling over the graphics card to cool the video interface.

It is fine that a TAC chassis has at least two fans own one in the front and one in the rear to maintain the internal temperature around 38 ° C. The minimum size recommended for his fans is 92 mm, although the ideal size is 120 mm. At this size, the airflow is more important, and therefore the fan slower so less noisily. Each chassis fan must have an arrow on its cover showing the direction of airflow. The front fan should be mounted so as to get fresh air into the chassis while the rear pushes the warm air outwards.