Thread: P5WDG2 and Coretemp Vs PC Probe

P5WDG2 and Coretemp Vs PC Probe

Is there anybody who can provide the information related to this P5WDG2 and Coretemp Vs PC Probe, I mean which will be better to use or will reliable between these two. I am getting nearly 13 degree difference between these two. My friend has suggested CoreTemp will be better but I am not satisfied with the performance. Hence I need information related to this.

Re: P5WDG2 and Coretemp Vs PC Probe

ASUS PC Probe is a measurement tool designed primarily for motherboard manufacturer ASUSTeK. The application determines the speed of fans in your case (power, CPU and case), knowing the temperature of the case and CPU, monitor the different strains circulating in the motherboard of record measurements, etc. This program can also notify you if a rotational speed, voltage or a critical temperature that may damage the system is reached.

ASUS PC Probe is a diagnostic program and control which is particularly intended for those using motherboards Asustek. With its many features, this application allows you to monitor different parts of your computer to know the fans, the housing processor and it checks the temperature or the motherboard that controls the tension. Note that ASUS PC Probe is not content to learn, it can also detect abnormalities that might damage the computer, allowing you to make repairs at the best time.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I mounted my config this weekend. I7 920 / Asus Rampage Extreme 2 / Twintech NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 xt oc / 6 gig of ram PC 16000. By the time the honest Pc peak temperature of 255 degrees to return immediately to 40 degrees?, I kept my diet the Antec Sonata 3 and the graphics card was on sale (open box) the problem appears in 3D but not systematically applied, I can play four consecutive H carefree in a weekend I had 4 warnings, but on the Asus Forum (VIP) talks about some bug pc probe. I would like to know if the concern does not come from food or gpu.

I am also facing the similar problem the PC does not suffer any slowdown during these alerts (just leaving frozen empire total war and a crash in 3D Mark (used a dozen times without problems) the log shows, for example normal temperature. At the same time Alert 255 degrees) I think rather a bug in the pc probe temperature control to 255 degrees if the SB pc will restart burning out more?

Some may advance this problem (but that would mean that the probe was integrated on the motherboard is HS?) Then why is it taking the temperature correct for the remaining time? As they probe the buggy one second to display the maximum temperature to return to the normal as quickly, or another software that will interfere?

In a nutshell, is unfortunately the case, on the other temperature programs (Damn, I found its name) can be downloaded, and compared the results. Okay, so perhaps, 255 ° C is impossible; it is almost nothing to check. But that you may be released by the contribution to the operation of the probe. I think you have understood what I am trying to say.