Thread: Core Temp TJmax Question

Core Temp TJmax Question

I ask myself the question related to this Core Temp TJmax Question because I have downloaded three different monitoring software (HWMonitor, CoreTemp and Real Temp) that give me all the three different temperatures HWMonitor gives me the highest, followed by real temp and finally core temp. And when you click on "thermal specification", which is here 90 ° C, is this normal.

Re: Core Temp TJmax Question

From what I understand, this value called thermal specification, represent the value tj max in the case of processors "mobile". Value from which the processor goes into throttle mode. So here I think your little P7350 has a Tj max 90 ° C. It also suits me, because with this value, it will take you would make a temp of 35 ° C in idle by real temp instead of 45 ° C with HWM, it seems to be set with a 100 ° C tjmax . That someone else to an informed opinion on the subject, he does not hesitate.

I bought an Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 with the original Fan from the start I check the temperature in the bios it raised to 54 ° C. I left working all night at 50% load and around I went to see the temperatures of the two hearts, the heart was a 55 ° C and 68 ° C. I come from AMD so I do not know much about the actual temperature of the Intel. If you can help related to this, I would be really thankful.

It is the overclocking, otherwise the original fan, do not expect miracles but your t ° are yet in a good margin, Penryn will bring security to 100 ° if I am not mistaken (Tjmax). Otherwise you can use Core Temp or Everest to monitor all under Windows. It depends a little of your budget, say that the OCZ Vendetta are not too expensive (in € 30/40 I think) and already giving good performance.

The Temps you get from CoreTemp or RealTemp are from the DTS Sensors or Core Sensors on the CPU die, 1 per core, each core has a Tjunction property (the property actually gives the value of distance from TjMax) or the temp of the core. Whereas Tcase is from a thermistor on the top center of the IHS. Your motherboard and other monitoring apps read Tcase and report that as your "CPU" temp. If you have the option to view a temp for each core, that is pulling Tjunction.

In Core Temp the TJMAX (105 ° C) is 10 ° C higher than RealTemp (TJMAX 95 ° C) and your CPU cores temperatures are 10 ° C higher as QED Same CPU ID in times are from 5 ° C higher than for the realtemp TJMAX is 100 ° C. As Real Temp gives the best temperature for E8xxx it must be very fresh in your box. For change is simply the refresh time to be different from a soft to the other.

The case, I have not taken the side fan, is a VA8000BWS. For the rad is an Asus Triton 75 (not a monster, but he returned to my old box) topped with a Noctua NF-12 (Rather known). So according to you I can trust RealTemp? Temperatures are correct? I have 2 degrees near the same results after 1 hour of CPU Stress MT. What is TJMAX? Is not the max?