Thread: GTX260 or GTX275 SOC?

GTX260 or GTX275 SOC?

I would like to assemble a new PC, and am so far really well done, except for the graphics card I still vacillate. Actually, I wanted my version either the Zotac GTX 260 AMPĀ² fetch, or at the normal GTX275. Then I was told by the new Gigabyte GTX260 SOC, the sections in different test better than the normal 275, and even the 285, although even 20 € cheaper. I want to know whether this overclock also have drawbacks (except the high power consumption and possibly heat). Also please provide some more information about the GTX260 and GTX275 SOC.

Re: GTX260 or GTX275 SOC?

My opinion is stay away from Super OC cards. Have now have three colleagues who then brought from different manufacturers 280s Super OC, once even super super OC. If all three smoked and one of them in there already nu the third party, or is it just on the return. If you still can find a 275 to take, if not tuts the 260s. The die 275 nu just so slow. This opinion must, of course, does not cover those of other users and is probably not transferable to any card manufacturer! It results only from personally experience.

After a price comparisons in the net and rummaged through a few magazines I think the 260GTX to the 275 the better card. Turning into the 260GTX funds and is in demand than ever, that is the 275 represented less and less with the traders. The NT seems sufficient, but with all versions of OC-100 000 GB I do not know me. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 is quite simply revolutionize the way you play ... and much more. Based on a novel called G200 graphics chip, the new NVIDIA monster embarks signed a whopping 216 stream processors and boasts a fine engraving of 0.055 μ. With a 448-bit memory interface, operating frequencies of 680 MHz processor, 1250 MHz for the memory type GDDR3 and 1466 MHz for the shaders, it promises outstanding results in the latest generation of video games and allow its happy owners to look forward serenely.

The unification of shaders allows optimization of processing data by allocating adequate all the arithmetic units. In addition, all the shaders work simultaneously and no longer see themselves assign specific tasks. Or the ability of the GPU to perform more complex calculations solely dedicated 3D. Compatible software now exploit the processor of your graphics card, more responsive, rather than your system to perform complex calculations (video encoding, financial risk management, design, medical imaging or scientific research ...).

All decoding operations, treatments and improvements in high definition video images are supported by a co-processor designed for tremendous efficiency. Enjoy and SD video or HD fluid, detailed, with reduced artifacts ... brief shining image whatever the source. Optimize energy consumption with compatible platforms. Multiply your performance by combining three graphics cards in one machine. The Geforce graphics card opens up a world Nueba GTX260 graphics card with 896MB of DDR3 for fans to play PC games and do not want to lose all the graphics in their games more exigencies.

Include PhysX technology (which will help make the games very complex physical effects, such as from Half Life 2 Crysis bayan horn much better and with more fluency) and being of the family 200 (the first) includes you can watch movies in HD (that clear with a screen capable of supporting these features and reader who can read), besides the 3D effect Geforce series has been developed to its family of 200 Trajet that will allow us to see 3D games (through glasses and a monitor that reaches or exceeds 120Hz per second) so the current TFT screens do not cover even required.

The trouble is that these benefits are not the maximum approach never know unless you expend a real fortune on PC components. All these qualities will always be in the family 200 and 200 GTS GTX (in some cases may not) plus always adding ventilation a good system, which is always quiet and does not have to enforce long as no game has come to demand such a graphics card. If you seek good card companies bet on the series Geforce GTX 200 family and if you are a little more money ill the 200 GTS.

In recent years we have seen in the world of graphics cards, ATI nVidia war rubbing his hands to see what new wonder we were going to offer the two giants. From my point of view, and many others, this war is now more inclined than ever to nVidia since the new generation born GTX. From the first to emerge from this new generation was the GTX 260 XT, I bought a few months ago in this variant assembled by XFX. It is a model PCI-Express 2.0 with 896MB of DDR3 memory. Its output interfaces are two DVI-I and HDTV, with its corresponding adapter VGA to DVI-I for the lazy old monitor we have.
    • The necessary power is far superior to that of a normal graph, so you must ensure they have sufficient connectors to the power supply.
    • Consumption should not be forgotten, so id preparing a source of more than 400W
    • Another important point is the space occupied by the board: forget you putting it in mini-tower, for even in a large tower half eaten box.
    • Does not hurt to grab it with some extra flange on the inside, since it is enough to simply be support PCI-Express connection

As for performance, smoothly moving games and 3D design applications (most that I've tested), as Catia and Solid Works. The rest of the PC, quite new, it also helps, but much credit goes to the graph. The price is competitive for the result given, but obviously leaves more expensive than the old nVidia 9000. Now if you ride a new computer with a Core 2 Duo or Quad recent Core, with a minimum of 800Mhz RAM, you can not squeeze another thing to pose an nVidia GTX. If you will not be causing a bottleneck in the computer. For those with an older PC and have the card slot is not a bad buy because, although you may not realize their potential, they can use in the future in future configurations.

I own GeForce GTX 260 graph on my PC, and I must say that to play any game with max. Resolution and level of detail is about. To edit video on way home also serves well as for converting files between different formats. Maybe for a professional video editing do need more memory or another in SLI mode. Cools fine but if you put some air fan air directly provide it better. It has several settings with face-to-use HDTV output, performance, customizable for each specific application. The worst is, perhaps, consumption, a 187W (depending on manufacturer) to maximum performance, but requires energy to move graphics after all. It is a very good choice in terms of quality / price I doubt you will regret.