Thread: MemSet 3.0 & DS3 Settings

MemSet 3.0 & DS3 Settings

I need some information on Memset 3.0. I am trying testing for various tool available for overclocking. For memory test I need to find out some software to get the exact result I am looking for. Usually I can use OCCT and put my system on testing for several hours. But that would not be enough. I have a old computer and I does not want to burn out that one.

Re: MemSet 3.0 & DS3 Settings

You can try Memset 3.0. It is a software which can provide you a good support for good overclocking of a processor and memory. But there are lack of opportunities in the software. It does not gives you full support. Fortunately, memset is i quiet a good tool and you can use to fine tune the timings of the memory without going through the BIOS setup. There are other tools also.

I am using Memset tool and it is a very nice program that can change the memory timing, but not limited to traditional CAS and RAS to CAS, but also other less common as. It is possible to Read Delay, Write to Read Command Read to Precharge, etc. Note that changing the timing on the fly is quite dangerous and that crashes can be expected with this tool. So just be sure before what you want to do.

I find that it no longer a good update available for the same. And it seems quite sensitive to the driver version installed. I used Windows Vista and I had overclocked my GPU. I have a Nvidia 8500GT but after having updated the driver software detected that the card is not installed properly. Since it has not been updated so I think that there is not friend for same. RivaTuner seems more flexible on this level.

I am also using RivaTuner and I wan able to climb higher in frequency. The frequency I got is 730Mhz 690Mhz but that is the maximum I can select. It is lighter and the frequency detection function max works well. Only thing in this operation is that it installs a driver and more sometimes it can cause trouble at this level. I wanted to have much better support on the same. But the software that display the temperature for different components is not same.

Just get the 4.0 version of Memset. This is updated tool and it will offers you much better support. The new version will give you a fix a bug with EPP profile abbreviated detection. It has added support for Intel chipsets Q45/G41, Intel G35 chipsets, PM45/GM45 (Mobile), NVidia NForce 630i & 790i FTW, etc. You can also use the save function on intel chipset and it has also improved reading frequency.

There are at least two good reasons to make the overclocking with the tool. The first this is that it will afford a more powerful PC for overclocking. Don't try to do that on a older models. You must first better understand the operation of your PC. I will also recommend you to read various topics related to this. There are some official tool which gives you stability.