Thread: E8400 - Core Temp lower than CPU Temp

E8400 - Core Temp lower than CPU Temp

I am having E8400, and I know the problem of DTS, but it something different running 490 X 9 for 4.4GHz with 1.36V. Sensors are not displaying the temperature below 42C; well this is not the problem. The problem is that it is hardly ever going up anytime. I have tried to shut down the water pump so that it can go up, but there is not rise in the temperature. The CPU temperature is going above 50 C but the core temperature is not increasing. It is right to have the E8400 - Core Temp lower than CPU Temp or there is problem. If you have any information related to it then please let me know.

Re: E8400 - Core Temp lower than CPU Temp

As far as I know the temperature is not coming from CPU, it is depending on the motherboard implementation of the CPU temperature sensor. That can be below the socket. Hence relaying on the temperature of CPU is not reliable. One more thing if you increase the CPU core temperature then it will not shut of the pump, but by doing this you taking risk of killing the CPU.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I have an Intel E8400 proc and as you know it gets very hot and there is a problem of sensor, so because of my computer system cannot work it just restarts all the time. I love to know how to disable the sensor on the bios (asus my cm) or directly on the motherboard (or prevent my pc will not boot) How the temperature dropped and disable all overclocking.

I think it is a problem with the cooling system are but rather that its probe is forcing kidding when the program or the Proco Motherboard sees a temperature above 90 degrees (which is false) admit the configuration off. I did some research on your problem in your bios you should have to display the temperature of different components of your PC and apparently you can ignore it on temperature.

I think it must dismiss this possibility right now, the rad may be a little detached from the processor ... tried to climb up your cooler to see! and whether you have got a way of measuring the temperature at the base of your processor with another probe, do it, and you can see if a sensor problem (the kind you do not have a probe by random delivered with your box? is not of very good quality but it can give you an idea)

For the thermal paste you will need to put a board rather tastes like you did and spread across the surface because Proco celoni pressure with your rad if you have a pressure not perfectly parallel to Proco (something impossible to be parallelizes well) that will spread your dough on a particular part, and heat exchange will not work fully on all Proco

Overheating problems seem to affect the Intel E8400 in several forums hardware. Users claim that the sensor diodes are not up to scratch and overclockers would be overcramer. Intel does not admit it. The response from a technician Intel overclocking Forums leaves no doubt as to potential problems of sensor but does not feel more secure.