Thread: Need help. Vdimm mod Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI

Need help. Vdimm mod Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI

I had a little problem with my motherboard. I have a Gigabyte GA-K8N board where I want to add up 2 GPU on the SLI support. But I am not getting any solution for this. I am also new to SLI and I am not much aware about the same. Some site told that there is need for Vdimm mod for the same. I do not know where to plug connectors Power LED, reset LED and HDD LED as I dismantle the same for SLI.

Re: Need help. Vdimm mod Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI

Refer to the motherboard manual. You can also see a pin diagram on the motherboard which will show you where to put the pins. Second things about SLI you must first check that your motherboard supports it. Or else there is not way to fix that. Do not just connect the GPU and connect because that can damage your system. Look for detailed system configuration.

You can put the connector on your mobo sli mode and for that you must first get the manual for the same. You must connect them properly on PCIe slot and your system must be equipped with a good power supply. Then at last you need to add the SLI Bridge and the last drivers will be the last work you have to do to avoid crashes. If there is problem then check for the compatibility support.

When I turn on the SLI support there were no beeps on the board. However the fan on the process is running. I tried a lot of stuff with or without the SLI support so that to see weather I can detect an error. There one long beep and two short beeps. I test ram strips and now planing to replace the same out. I am still working on the problem. May be hardware compatibility matter.

Usually it is not so easy to get a Vdimm mod. You will need to alter the GPU for that and that can destroy it if not done properly. I will not recommend you to do this. Instead of that upgrade your motherboard. Like Asus Striker Extreme motherboard best suitable for overclocking. It is equipped with the new nVidia nForce 680i SLI chipset which has given you power to use more than one GPU.

I am also going fo the same config but there is a little bit difference. I am using a GA-K8N Ultra SLI Atlon 64 3000 + system. But I had not yet purchased a video card. I am planing to run 3 GPU on the support and I have a pci-e x16 slot that can possibly run. Before buying the card I will perhaps check the system compatibility or else those will get wasted and cost me more.

I have a problem with the above motherboard. In my system now my sixth Hard drive connected to the motherboard in which one on IDE and about 4 on the SATA, The chipset belongs to Nvidia. I have the hard drive once connected to another port where everything went for backup. It is a external usb device and no matter which of the four different chipset are connected from that. I found some of my drives missing.