Thread: Help required for Overclocking the GTX 260

Help required for Overclocking the GTX 260

I just want to know about an overclocking of GTX 260. Since you guys have provided lot of help before, I thought that posting here about an overclocking would be useful. Also I am interested in some benchmarks thread that are related with the above information. I am expecting some helpful information from your side as soon as possible. Any additional information related to the topic would be grateful.!!

Re: Help required for Overclocking the GTX 260

Here is to bring together everything to know about overclocking and benchmarking the GTX 260. Here is your help needed! So, Tips, Tricks and criticism at any time post, so this thread is better..
    An overclocking the GTX 260 :
    Limiting factor is the shader clock. This is clocked at 54 MHz increments. Therefore, it is useful only to determine the maximum shader clock, and then 1:2 set the GPU clock. The following figure shows the clock rates for the GTX 260:

Since many of the fan is too loud in idle and under load too slowly, some fan controllers have tinkered and flashed the bios.

OC list :
    I suggest the following approach:
    It can be set clock rates, this 10 min. with ATITool tested, validated with a screen and then posted in the following manner:

Code:
     User / map / Core [MHz] / Shader [MHz] / VRam [MHz] / VCore [V] / fan [%] / TempGPU [° C] / ambient temp [° C] /
    The results are then incorporated in the incoming mail.

HOPE THAT MANY USERS WILL GET SOME HELP FROM THIS POST.

Limiting factor is the shader clock. This is clocked at 54 MHz increments. Therefore, it is useful only to determine the maximum shader clock, and then 1:2 set the GPU clock.
    After this I proceeded to test the list. Have started with 702, and have then increased. I've come to:
    756/1512/1260 works
    783/1566/1269 crash ingame
    Now I'm trying to find out times, what's the limit. Since I had the crash of Shift no graphic errors, I guess that GPU / Shader was too high.

Your clock rates are already extremely good, a normal GTX creates 260 does not, and that is you have to, of course, also test other games, but that makes it in time gambling so either way so no stress, easy to fall for so many games as possible because then you realize even whether stable or not. Digg our cards do seem to go to as good .. So the memory have made up to 1300 times at 756 in 1512, was not a problem .. higher then I am not, however, gone.

The value in my 3DM06 Nethand link is still the 8800GT. With the 260 @ 756/1512/1260 64 Win7 I make just under 18k. With standard clock is around 16.5k. Glad at least to have caught so ne good card. Just 1.5Std Company of Heroes without problems. Maximum temperature was loudly GPU-Z 63 ° c Should also be quite on the limit. For with 756/1512/1296 I had to quickly shift graphic in error, and with 783/1566/1260 Crash to Desktop .. the driver has reset itself or something.

About 729 GPU clock is very good, and reach in my opinion few tickets 24 / 7 stable, the same goes for all shader clock is also very good about 1512, and the memory no idea that you must yourself create test out some of 1260, other nichmal create the 999. This card is simply a very good OC card is what one should not judge.

For I know the play but when I give you Furmark right, if I mistake because there are either photo become error or a Freez. Well so is there but when it is so maybe you've caught a good GPU, because in my experience, if adopted the drivers need the clock is low cut so that it remains stable. Being Fa Cry 2 Benchmark as the driver kicked the bucket very often at high OC is also a tip to take that as a benchmark for GPU OC is actually very reliable because when I got FC2 stable, then, all other games were stable.

My card seems to have unfortunately not yet 24/7-stable with 756/1512/1260. At least not with "Stock Cooler" @ 40% fan speed. For a few days ago I had had in NFS SHIFT graphic error after a few rounds. Game could indeed stop and restart the computer yet, but after that I will no longer tested great. Now it runs 24 / 7 702/1404/1224 and the fan permanently on 30%.

Being Fa Cry 2 Benchmark as the driver kicked the bucket very often at high OC is also a tip to take that as a benchmark for GPU OC is actually very reliable because when I got FC2 stable, then, all other games were stable.
    genuinely believe that the bench is good for this? test the degree fc2 bench with 8x AA 1680x1050 @ Ultra High, and even run at 1300MHz ram the three loops correctly. I have not somehow felt uncomfortable.

The range GPU OC, BIOS flashing, etc. is still relatively new for me. Since the CPU but when I was so easy, I also ventured to the GPU. Since my Zotac gtx amp²! of the power to make it basically is enough - this will change abruptly when a new monitor at the start is - I wanted down from the 40% duty cycle (GPU is the loudest component). In Rivatuner set 20%, but does not change the speed. Accordingly, flashed BIOS (everything went well), makes no difference -> It depends I suppose in some way connected with the fact that this is a PWM fan?? So is "somehow" to understand. From 41% duty cycle reflected the then reflected in the rpms.

Being the original bios is on it, so everything in the original position. Even under Furmark is to be the barely above the 60% fan power (~ 1710 rpm) at full load, it would therefore indeed from space-down. But which he can go virtually under the 40% shows indeed the Furmark anomaly (see above) at least 150-200 rpm rich (by ~ 1150 rpm to ~ 990 rpm). Maybe it's the factory overclocking?