Thread: What is OCCT power supply test. What does it do?

What is OCCT power supply test. What does it do?

I was wondering if I be supposed to try it. It gave me a warning saying it’s hard on it and it might probable damage it for the reason that there are no kill switches to stop it. Be supposed to I do it. What could it tell me. I do not have money to shell on an additional psu if it fails a test. Determine to it blow a fuse. Fuse for the house I mean.

Re: What is OCCT power supply test. What does it do?

It puts load on the whole thing in your computer, HDD's, GPU's, and CPU cores, fundamentally pushes your system to the highest power convention it determine to constantly reach. It determines to push your PSU to the maximum the components determine to ever utilize. It is able to kill your PSU if you have a low quality PSU, consequently the warning. The earthwatts PSU's are not accurately superb quality but in view of the fact that you have a HD4550 the test be supposed to be a piece of cake.

Keep in mind if you do not have the money to reinstate it if you kill it, they do not mod or over clock it. The PSU test is not actually essential IMO. It is supposed to not blow a fuse, 650 watts is not a lot for a household circuit to handle. The EA650 is an attractive superior Delta built unit. You would presume the PSU "test" loads up your components as much as probable. Even it did, with an OCed E5200 and a HD4550 you doubt that would draw additional than 200W if everything probable was loaded.

A month afterward, but to give you a superior evaluation, a 32" tube television draws regarding 800watts +/- from the wall outlet. Your PSU determine to draw its rated max +/- from the wall beneath the full load test. You would not position too much stock on software diagnosis that relies on stock transducers to congregate information in sequence. It might serve as a general pointer, but is not dependable.

When I used the program I was searching from side to side every tab and clicked on the PSU one, conventional the warning and consideration "oh well I would not work that test then", ran a GPU stress test, it got to 98 degrees and was presently regarding to go to 99 and then comp shut off. Looked at mobo and realized that no lights on mobo meant I had no power, thought it strength be the fuse in the plug thats blown so took monitor one out, as I pressed it into PSU there was a BANG and my hand presently dodged the sparks.

You believe the "suggested PSU's - True/Tested" sticky is the most excellent sticky/thread on this board. Anybody swarthy sufficient to put their top dollar gear on one of the "maintain away from" PSU's, might presently deserve what they get. You would not go as far as saying it’s no superior. Individually you by no means liked software testing for power supplies but maintain in mind OCCT PSU tester puts your CPU and video card to run.

Your system keeps haphazardly restarting at the same time as gaming and it’s been getting not as superior as lately. When you say restart you mean the power cuts off instantaneously without warning, no errors, and no windows events, no BSOD's, nothing. In accumulation it in addition has trouble booting, the boards LED indicators are the entire green but the screen stays black. You have to maintain turning it off and on at the PSU to get it to boot (over clocking it does not create several dissimilarity).