Thread: Phenom II X4 925 Overclocking Help

Phenom II X4 925 Overclocking Help

Recently after upgrading my system I finding out some issue in dealing with the system overclocking. I have a Asus M4A79XTD Evo motherboard, Phenom II X4 925 processor, Cooler Master V8 and corsair ram. I had gone through various guides and article which were based on Intel system. I had first tested my system specs on CPUz which shows everything fine. But the frequency of the same does not increase.

Re: Phenom II X4 925 Overclocking Help

I too have a similar configuration board in my system. I had tried to overclock my system to a higher frequency. I had tried to reach at 3.g Ghz where the same looks stable and the temperature stays at 40. But when I increase the same to 3.6 the system crashed down. I had pushed up the frequency of FSB a little bit to 3 Mhz but there is not response on the same. I am not able to get the exact cause behind the crash.

In my case I had tried to go further 1.42 and everything there works well. But on the same hand I reduced a bit nb frequency and speed of the memory. Now after that it worked well for couple of hours. So that simply states that here there not a big role of power supply. There might be some other issue which is causing the system to crash. Run a stability test in OCCT.

Do this, increase the up voltage to 1.4v and the overclock the same. Then after that up the FSB to 250Hz which might provide you some 3.5 Ghz of clock speed. After that switching to RAM multiplier set the same to 1333 Mhz. It will work properly without any crash. You can must use Prime95 for the same. I use this and my system runs stable for hours.

I have the same processor but the motherboard is different. Talking about the RAM it is same. In my case I have received 3.5 Ghz at the voltages which were set before. I had moved them little up for running same for a long time. The temperature here get fluctuated which rises when I perform some more settings. That is the only fear I have that my processor won't burn out if I push the same to much higher frequency.

The CPU comes in some high-end models. The biggest AM3 announced quad core is the 910, which runs at only 2.6 GHz. And yet it is not available for sale to individuals, but reserved for OEMs. This on is identical to 910 (4 cores, 4 x 512 KB L2 cache, 6 MB L3 cache) but operate at 200 MHz over 2.8 GHz. The good news is that the TDP would be unchanged, at 95 W.

The AMD Phenom X4 processors are the most advanced market for a true multitasking thanks to its unique design and true quad-core. Avoid breakdowns now because of quad-core whitebait and their bus system architecture obsolete.Real performance quad-heart for a gaming experience breathtaking realism, digital media an incredible sharpness and extreme multitasking capabilities.