Thread: Core i7 920 OCCT CPU Stress Test

Core i7 920 OCCT CPU Stress Test

Hi,
    I have a system running on Intel Core i7 920 processor. I had added 2 GB Ram sticks and a 1GB Radeon Graphic card to my system recently. I had upgraded the same to to play high end graphic games. Now I want to first test the stability of my processor. I had downloaded OCCT for that. After running the same I found 3 options there. The first is normal, the second is medium and large. Which is the best settings from this.

Re: Core i7 920 OCCT CPU Stress Test

You can try out on all 3 settings one by one to find out the information on the stability of your processor. I usually use the Medium set on infinite where it shows that my processor is quiet stable. While if you switch to auto then it takes some time to get the information. But in most of the case the information provided on it is same as what you get on auto. So just try out the Mediums settings.

I have a Phenom II X3 720 CPU cpu. I had unlocked the 4th core and overclocked the same processor to 3.625Ghz. I am right now using AsRock motherboard in my system. I had run LinkPask Test and found the my system crashed after sometime of testing in OCCT set to medium or large. Now here I just want to ask that weather there is a need of OCCT or Linkpack is enough for stability testing.

This simply means that your system is unstable. If you overclock the system it might crash after some time of work. You can download and try Prime95 for a much harder stress test. The information provided this will be much intact. I am using the same ofter overclocking my processor and the system seems to be work perfect for the last hour.

The OCCT is the perfect tool for a fast stability tester. It can be the quickest way to checkout weather your system is unstable or not. For that purpose I use Prime95. OCCT can help to figure out within sometime weather your system is stable or not. But for a longer run you can go with two options. First Prime 95 or Linx. You can choose up all the memory settings in that.

I will recommend you to use LinX. This one is the best tool which I had used so far. I had found that this tool is capable for pushing up the temperature of your processor. I had tried the same on Prime95 byt that has some issue. But just for now you can use the OCCT on a medium set. So that you can figure out the stability condition of your processor.

There are various tools which you can use for yourself. Like Linpack, SisSandra, Everest, etc. This all programs are best in my view. They will provide you random information on your processor and memory transfer rate. You can also figure out the transfer rates with this. On the other hand OCCT and Prime95 are quick tools to just check the stability status.