Thread: Can you check RAM voltage from Windows?

Can you check RAM voltage from Windows?

I am inquisitive what my BIOS has auto set my RAM voltage to is their curriculum under windows that determine to tell me my RAM voltage. I have got an ASUS P5K MB. Does ASUS have a program. The ASUS’s system investigate II does not tell me RAM voltages. If it is not in system investigate and I be acquainted with it is not in my p5k speed fan reading moreover, then how can I almost certainly not going to be capable to locate it.

Re: Can you check RAM voltage from Windows?

The Speed Fan determines to tell you. It determines to almost certainly be listed as "Vcore2". It is supposed to be a value from 1.8V to regarding 2.3V. If you got Nvidia control panel the Nvidia Monitor demonstrate the entire you are voltages. Try HWMonitor from the CPUZ guys. Regardless, you be supposed to be physically setting your vDimm in bios and your RAM Manufacturer be supposed to tell you accurately what your vDimm be supposed to be on the sticks themselves.

You might necessitate to verify memory voltage spec and regulate it match in bios (make sure memory section label). The Mother board bios memory voltage setting is pedestal on 1.8v ( defaulting voltage ), please make sure present model memory voltage spec if it's higher than 1.8v go in bios under M/B intellectual tweaker memory voltage control item regulate memory voltage to match memory voltage requirements.

First you have to open cupid site on your system. Hit it off on "Download version or description of 1.53 with installer" situated in the CPU-Z segment toward the bottom of the first page. Install it and then hit it off on the "Start" switch and hit it off on the CPU-Z icon to launch the program. Then hit it off on the "SPD" tab on the top of the CPU-Z window. The last line on the substructure gives you the voltage of your RAM depending on the regularity. Then you have to make sure the "Max Bandwidth" line on the top of the window to be familiar with which regularity your RAM is working at.

To be certain my Ram determine to run very well with q8400 I tried them out to observe how high I am able to push them. On my dissatisfaction I presently cannot get them steady higher than 415 fsb. Which does not create much sense as I have been working them at 860 for a number of time and even 890 mhz on auto voltage. If I modify (enlarge) timings system does not start and it says over clocking failed, right at present I am at 2.1 volts. Defaulting 1.8 I think. The merely stable timings are 5-5-5-18.

A small number of of the high presentation brands have an over volt guarantee up to 2.1v Take what it determine to give you @ 1.9v and call it superior unless you are prepared to reinstate it. I would try to eliminate the lone Transcend module and observe if that yields superior results. You determine to lose 1 Gb fd ram, but gain dual channel until you get dissimilar memory. And it determines to let you be familiar with if the mixed modules are the limiting factor. The 880-890 Mhz you are referring to is the effectual DDR rating 2x400Mhz = 800Mhz DDR2. If you are OC'ing via an FSB push, the weak link is able to be several component or chipset. The information that you have mis-matched ram modules might be a probable suspect. Is you are at 2.1 at present I would stop presently shy of guaranteeing you that 2.3 determine to not give you constancy, and almost certainly burn up your ram.

Together of your ram modules are in the "budget" isle of ram purchases. This is solitary explanation I came to love the structural design of the i7, I was once in the circumstances you are in, and it becomes complicated trying to figure out if the ram's the difficulty (which is the majority probable the problem here) or the chipset itself. Think regarding the opportunity that the two types of ram have dissimilar max timings, i.e your transcend be able to merely do 5-5-5-18 at the same time as your patriots be able to go even lower, and they together work natively at dissimilar voltages. I am able to observe a diminutive conflict in there somewhere.