Thread: PC In a Box With Dry Ice

PC In a Box With Dry Ice

One of my friend has a Amd Athlon 6000+. The max cool it can consume is near about -20c. Is it possible to make a container with dry ice on one side and the computer on the other side and start it? He wanted to check the CPU with extreme cool. One thing should be noted that not the complete PC but mobo(with HSF), cpu and video card. The mobo and video card will have liquid tape on the complete thing. The box will be well insulated. It will have a divider with small hole in it.

Re: PC In a Box With Dry Ice

My finest achievement was a PIII 450 to 675. It is properly running till now , my mother in law uses that for Emailing and some other task.

I was excited about my 2.4 to 3 ghz, that was still a cost savings, but that was not my motivation. It used to be that you purchased the processor that was the good overclocker, because you could store a hundred bucks or so, and find good performance than the processor at the similar speed, with stock fsb. All those funny cooling suggestions that cost way more than it would have to just by the quicker priced chip. One of my friend just ordered a water cooling package, and my first consideration was "why?" maybe I have lost something...

But I still unable to put both a system without at least looking what it can perform. If it is for someone else then I will configure it back to defaults, bit I gotta know. For myself, I can't have a machine here that is not overclocked at all.

Dry Ice Cooling, Just a cool idea

Overclocking my 2100, maxed out at 1.9, palomino... Aint to bad, moving to find either a 2000 or some 2100 (more overclockable of course) quickly . Just have a idea,Not aware so much that if it a better or worst one. Basically out of my scenario, two front fans blowing in, one side fan blowing out, and two in the back blowing out. I found an idea where I would place a box or something, under would be dry ice, use a tube and make it go all the method to the front fans to blow the cool air in, and the side fan blow out the hot air back into the container. I just commonly need to do such a air dry ice cooling. Figure with my swiftech HS and bid @ss fan, the cool air should do the trick. I am also worried about moisture and what not. Anyone has any suggestion regarding this?

Re: PC In a Box With Dry Ice

I consult about the same thing to one of my friend and here said that the side fan should be blowing into your case. you can try it but look up for condensation.

But I have tried dry ice on my computer, it was very successful way and gone very well. It sublimes so it goes from solid to gas, no liquid. Keeping it down on the CPU is very complex, because it slippery. I am moving to make a properly liquid cooled system, using dry to cool the liquid. I will post pictures of that when I have go to finish.

PC In a Box With Dry Ice

hello,

How you get the palomino 1800 entire way that high ? Got a 2100 P and max I can move is 1.9, running not so stable. Crashes every now and then... Temp is getting around 100, 105 when gaming.
    Anyhow, was not deciding on placing the Dry ice on the HS, more like just work with the cold air to move from the box to under the computer. Better yet, make a tube from the container to the CPU, cold air should move directly to the HS and should cool more the CPU. Any suggestion ? One more thing, what is "condensation?

PC In a Box With Dry Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Doshi1 View Post
    hello,

How you get the palomino 1800 entire way that high ? Got a 2100 P and max I can move is 1.9, running not so stable. Crashes every now and then... Temp is getting around 100, 105 when gaming.
    Anyhow, was not deciding on placing the Dry ice on the HS, more like just work with the cold air to move from the box to under the computer. Better yet, make a tube from the container to the CPU, cold air should move directly to the HS and should cool more the CPU. Any suggestion ? One more thing, what is "condensation?
    Primarily, I may not be reading it currently...you guys have a look. My idle temps are around -20c..

You ever got a long before, you should built a tube that "filters" the air via the dry ice cooled water. It would be actually cold. Just a though. I was considering about more . Cond, will be a issue, but all that cool co2 gas will cool your CPU. It could be very good for this task.