Thread: Can you bake a graphics card too much

Can you bake a graphics card too much

Hi,
    Hello everybody, since I play a Battlefield 2, I noticed that after 2 hours of play my pc shuts down suddenly. I have to manually turn on my pc, I can then restart the game for about 1 hour. I had opened my case and checked out that my GPU is overheating. I had monitor the temperature with a tool which is really high. I am overclocking my graphic card before playing. How to fix that.

Re: Can you bake a graphics card too much

Temperatures are normal, although the graphics card is indeed a bit hot at rest, but it is supposed to collect temperatures above 100 degrees but mostly it freezes before. To test the processor you can use programs like OCCT, SuperPi, etc. For the graphics card you can test it with 3DMark06. Try to get the latest driver update for your system and check the PSU unit also.

In my case I had found that my PSU was very weak. I had upgrade the card but not the power supply unit. Basically test your CPU and your graphics card, if you found everything works well there you need to provide proper ventilation to the box. There can be dust or the heatsink is not properly placed. Try to clean up and check back again. Keep the temp tool plugin.

You can check the temperature in the BIOS on the startup of your system. If that goes after awhile then you need to do some serious work here. You can search for particular reason which has caused the temperature to rise high. It can be old drivers, outdated overclocking tools, dust in the box, improper powersupply ,etc. Checkout all this stuff.

In my system at first the temperature plugin shows me 110 ° C. It's huge. I had then replaced the Central cooling fan for my graphics card. Now the same works well. I think you need a good cooling system for your system which suits your graphics card. It is also possible that your body is poorly ventilated and / or it is also completely clogged with dust.

I have a Sapphire X1950 home cooling system had terrible experience. It was heating up and then I dismounted & removed the fan. I added some thermal paste to my processor and vidoe memory. I had added a new PSU unit in my system. Now my GPU overclocks and stays stable at 55° celcuis. With fan speed set to 70% I had not found any further issue now.

You remove the heat sink and fan of CG take away the blades of fans. Clean all the dirt that is above and below. A thermal paste is a nice solution but for th GPU support a proper ventilation is needed. ATITool is a good app to overclock. Must change or reset the fan heatsink after regular interval. Usually if the heat exceeds the limits the system usually shutdown itself to protect from further loss.