Thread: ACPI driver for ATK 0110 virtual device /P5W DH Deluxe

ACPI driver for ATK 0110 virtual device /P5W DH Deluxe

Basically I want to know what is this ACPI driver for ATK 0110. I have found this at the auss web site in the driver download are. Is it necessary to have it and one more thing can any body tell me what is this ACPI driver for ATK 0110 virtual device or P5W DH Deluxe.
    My system configuration is given below:
    Operating system: window 7 64 bit
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    Graphic card: BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC
    Any help will be really appreciated.

Re: ACPI driver for ATK 0110 virtual device /P5W DH Deluxe

ACPI is an acronym for Advanced Configuration and Power Interface. Basically it is a power management specification that is developed by Intel, Microsoft, and Toshiba. To be more precise it will be a part for the next version of windows that will control the amount of power given to any device that is attached to your computer.

ACPI utility gives the user an ability to turn off the peripheral devices like CD-ROM players, if they are not in use. Using this utility computer manufactures are trying to design computer that will automatically power up as soon as user touches the key board. I hope this will help you to better understand the functionality and the use of ACPI utility.

From when I have installed the windows operating system it keeps on asking for the ATK0110 ACPI utility. Even when I checked the button for "Do not ask me again" then also I face the same issue. I have searched for this file on net and downloaded it and installed it on my computer system but the thing I need to know that what the use of doing this.

The utility which you are talking about is a pseudo-interface for the AI Booster program. The driver gives the AI booster access for the clockgen.
    According to me you should try to install AI booster and check whether the problem of pesky problem goes away or not. If this solves the problem then you will not need the AI booster anymore.

I was also facing the same problem and I have also try to install the AI booster but could not solve the problem then I went to the device mgr or the system device whatever you call it and after that I disable it. As far as I know you do not need to install it and this will not affect your system performance in any way.