Thread: Asus K8V-VM and fan control?

Asus K8V-VM and fan control?

Hi!
    Is there any way to control the fan speed on the Asus K8V-VM? Because the Q-Fan does not support the mobo or the memory combo and Speedfan is only able to read the temperature but it can not control the fan speed.
    I have just changed CPU from the single core 4000+ to a X2 4400+, and also changed the stock to cooler to a Zalman. This has dropped the temperature from the high forties to the twenties but the case of the fan is producing a lot of amount of noise. So need the solution for solving this noise problem of the fan or any way control the fan in Asus K8V-VM .

Re: Asus K8V-VM and fan control?

I can only suggest you to buy a quite case fan as you know that the case is the main cause of the noise. One more thing are you sure that only the case is causing the problem there may be chances that the fan is causing the noise.
    Try to change speed of the fan from BIOS as it can be controlled by BIOS.

Hi,
    I am having Asus sli mobo or the memory combo with a nice case and a three giga of intel cpu.
    I have also the Q-fan control in BIOS since the fans looks to run terrible loud and high. Now the fans sort of spin up and down is almost every three to five seconds and this is according to the cpu.
    The exact problem is that I am frustrated with this up and down sound anyone else has face this problem if yes then please mention the solution for that.

I do not have the exact idea about this problem but I think that there are two software available, which can solve this problem. The first one is “Asus SmartDoctor” according to me its latest version is 4.85. The other software utility is “SpeedFan”. I am sure after using any of these software you will be able to solve your annoying problem fan sound.

I will suggest you to use SpeedFan. This free program offers some useful system information to those savvy enough to understand the results. SpeedFan is a tabbed interface is not difficult to pass, but most users can not make head or footer data this tool provides. Program system-tray tells you the temperature of your PC hard drive and you can receive information on voltage and fan speed.

I was also facing similar problem but now I have the solution for this problem that it Motherboard Monitor utility.
    It is safe to call it a sensor monitor for your computer system. This interface is a group of dials, check boxes and also the taskbar icons. Through which user can read the data means the information related to your mother board or the fan speed and you can also control it.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Try to use NVIDIA nTune it enables one of the safest and the most simple way for automatically optimizing your computer system. nTune automatically checks for the application that are running and also dynamically optimizes the computer settings as per the requirement. It is faster and safer than tuning by hand, nTune delivers best settings for bus speeds, HyperTransport, memory timings, CPU registers, fans, and voltages in a safe, easy-to-use Microsoft Windows interface. According this is the best software that can solve your problem.