Thread: X58A-UD3R: Missing Memory only at 1600MHz

X58A-UD3R: Missing Memory only at 1600MHz

When I change my memory multiplier such that my memory runs at 1600MHz, some of the memory "disappears" and is not available to the OS. In Windows 7 64-bit, it shows up as either 6GB Memory or 6GB Memory while in the BIOS the channel entries show up with a "-" beside them. I have seen it happen on channels A and C but I am sure the channel it happens is random.

Re: X58A-UD3R: Missing Memory only at 1600MHz

I am also facing the similar problem and tried the following things.
    • Reseating the CPU: There were probably a little too much thermal compoutnd first. I cleaned some of the excess over the edges as I know it is slightly conductive and could cause issues.
    • Checking for bent pins: One of Pines, near the upper left corner looked "different" under the magnifying glass at each other about it but I am not convinced going there with a pin. It does not look broken or snapped off, just different is the only way I can describe it. Anyway, the reintegration of CPU as above does not solve the problem.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

According me you should try to do it without xmp and go a bit higher than 1.3 qpi something around 1.32 or 1.34. Try loosening your CPU heat sink screws try to give a quarter turn on each of the screw an one more thing give you CPU socket a good blow. I was also facing the similar issue and discovered that a human hair is stuck is in my socket.

I discovered late yesterday XMP settings if my attempts before that were with the default settings on the motherboard.

I tried QPI 1.3V, but I have not been higher than that.

The heat sink comes with spring-loaded screws that I have them in every sense - I will try to loosen a bit. I am also certain that there was not anything like a fly in the making as I went very well in the spotlight before I sat down in.

According to me you are safe to go upto 1.4 QPI, you would not require that much amount of voltage for 1600 MHz. However, I would go as high as 1.350000 and see if I can, sees all the modules and will also set your RAM timing manually and disable xmp. If you ever get the chance to re seat the CPU do it as this can fix memory detection simply by re seating CUP and reclosing the clamp on the socket. Try to enable LLC and see if you get any result.