Thread: Overclocking an I7 975 - 3.33 GHz -> 4.0-4.2 GHz

Overclocking an I7 975 - 3.33 GHz -> 4.0-4.2 GHz

I am looking into overclocking my 975. I am at present using the accumulation speed which is 3.33 GHz and I am trying to aim for approximately 4.0/4.2 GHz. At the present, that might be somewhat "simple" to accomplish with water cooling, I determine to have to say that I am inexperienced with it, so at the instantaneous, atleast for at present, it is not the ideal alternative. I am there for looking for the unconditional most excellent Air Cooling alternatives on the market. I am not fussed regarding the noise level. I care regarding the presentation; price is not a problem either. I am looking probably for something similar to a push/pull alternative. I have looked myself at the Zalman CNPS Extreme & Thermalright Venomous-X, they seem attractive excellent and be supposed to be capable to achieve me atleast 4.0 GHz without going above the 50-60ish.

Re: Overclocking an I7 975 - 3.33 GHz -> 4.0-4.2 GHz

You reckon it be supposed to be extremely well to get a Megahalem and do a push/pull with two Scythe Ultra Kaze (3000 RPM). A number of kinds of temps that I had probable would be something similar to 50ish (100% LOAD) at greatest, that be supposed to not be complicated to achieve. I presently got thermalright venomous x. The mounting is extremely clever designed and it is quite diminutive. It maintains my i7 930 at 34c in idle and approximately 50 in load at 4,3ghz (that's with a high vcore).

That sounds tremendously fastidious. What method is the heat sink facing. Looking at the evaluation Guru3d has on it, it is not "facing" the rear conclusion as the one I am using presently is. Does it depend on the motherboard, or is it immediately not capable to appropriate to the fins. (If it's facing downwards and not in the direction of the rear, it does not intake several of the "heat" that may be generated by the graphic card).

All right, I am very thankful for the tip which you have you give to me. Anyhow, I have originated a shop that sells it. Though it is sold out for a month. Moreover technique determine probably immediately go with the Prolimatech Megahalems as an alternative, I am certain I would not be disappointed. Thanks a lot for the help. PS, Thermal paste, I have got a number of Arctic Silver 5, superior sufficient or be supposed to I look into getting something else. Well AC5 is extremely well I essentially utilize the thermal paste that comes with the cooler it’s presently as superior perhaps even improved.

So the 975 was steady at to some extent less voltage and reached a smaller amount than 200mhz higher stable clock. Seems similar to that might extremely with no trouble be due to variances in manufacturing and not the stepping itself. There have been numerous 965s to reach 4.2 or 4.25 stable on air which would have been higher than the 975. Then once additional toms might have got a bum do I would not say from this article that the D0 is clearly advanced to C0, but that is presently me and my stat classes talking.

You have to create it sound terrible that the 965 might not eke out an additional 3.5% to tie the 975. Whoop-de-do that discrepancy might be seen connecting dissimilar 975's or 965's. The 3.5% is not important at the entire. The voltage developments looked fastidious under load but again, you determine to almost certainly see the similar variance connecting chips of the similar model. Demonstrate you 10% plus differences and then perhaps you are able to call it news.