Thread: Unable to access running Driver Sweeper 1.5.5 in Safe Mode

Unable to access running Driver Sweeper 1.5.5 in Safe Mode

I have decided to use the newest Driver Sweeper for the first time and followed the advice given below

1. Use the certified uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall. This step succeeded.
    2. Restart your Personal computer in Safe Mode. – I have done this
    3. After that Run Driver Sweeper and select the driver which you want to clean. – I have selected only display driver
    4. Analyze lists all the entries probable to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected. – Now here is the problem when I analyes and cleaned I am getting this error.

Can anybody help me with Access Violation when running Driver Sweeper 1.5.5 in Safe Mode.

Re: Unable to access running Driver Sweeper 1.5.5 in Safe Mode

I was also getting the similar error, I ended it by restarting the system and installed a new driver, and now everything is fine in my computer system. But I also want to know why this happened in my computer system. I will be waiting for the related replies.

According me it seems like the Driver Sweeper have close unexpectedly. I need more information related to your problem. I want to know can you reproduce the error in the exact same way. If you are not able to produce it again that means you are not getting the error then there nothing to worry about.

I have repeated the procedure and got the same error more than three times and when it tried to analyze and clean it I can not get rid of files there. I have no idea were left over from the previous drivers. When I tried to check in device manager it did not show the driver there.

I think you need to run this in administrator mode. Most of the time this error occurs when you are not running in safe mode, and the problem with the files you are having will be deleted, when you reboot the system. Therefore, there is no need to worry about it.