Thread: Does Thermal Paste optimze heat transfer

Does Thermal Paste optimze heat transfer

Hi,
    I had changed my processor to Quad core now. It worked well on my old motherboard. Now for overclocking I had check the temperature which shows a increasing bit by bit. This does goes high suddenly, status to a safer limit for hours. I had applied a thermal paste now to avoid heat. There is a change in the performance now. I want to ask that this will be safer instead of buying a costly liquid cooling setup. Does thermal paste optimize heat properly.

Re: Does Thermal Paste optimze heat transfer

The thermal paste is made mandatory in all the air when water cooling. Its goal is to optimize the contact between the CPU and the heat sink. Indeed, although polished, the metal base of a heat sink or water block is not perfectly smooth, a thin layer of thermal paste. This is best suitable for all regular computer. But the hardware is totally different on the overclocking platform. I will not recommend this for long run.

The thermal paste must be applied in a thin layer on the heart of the processor. If it is raised in abundance, you may get the opposite effect and thermally isolate the processor. There are lots of thermal paste. The bag comes with the fan is sufficient in most cases. The most effective thermal paste (silver or ceramic) can earn a few degrees.

Some cheap heatpipe Parents are provided with a thermal pad are suggested. It has the same role as the thermal paste with a lower efficiency. To remove this pad or clean an old application of pulp, use of alcohol at 70 ° and nothing else. If sometime your system does not boots due to heating then to access bios reset the settings by removing the battery flat. Liquid Cooling is expensive but really effective. This is a closed loop circulating fluid that cools the processor. This method prevents the processor produce heat.

You will face some minor bugs and errors while performing the overclocking. This is usual in many cases where you have outdated drivers or some minor settings issue. But for a stable overclocking I will recommend you to use Liquid Cooling. That will the best and effective solution though costly. But this will increase your cost. But if your perform overclocking only for some time then thermal paste works well.