Thread: How to Overclock my CPU in less time??

How to Overclock my CPU in less time??

I am using the Windows XP as my operating system. I am having a stock of PC's and want to overclock them. Can anyone tell me what's the Exact use of overclocking ?? Also while overclocking I have to wait for more than 12 Hours for testing. Does anybody know the application that can test thoroughly your overclock in less time??
    Just a reply to say thank you for these links and posts I have a lot to read and learn now!

Re: How to Overclock my CPU in less time??

The Overclocking is the process that makes a component of the computer to run at a higher speed than that specified by the manufacturer. The CPU is one of the components of the system that is commonly overclocked. The CPU clock speed is the product of the Front Side Bus (FSB) speed. By increasing the FSB speed will a greater impact as it increases factors such as memory speed as well as the processor speed. This is the Main advantage of the Overclocking. The main drawback is the heat generated due to overclocking. This can be tackled by using better CPU heatsinks and fans, fans on video cards.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

For Overclocking the CPU use the following applications :

1. Prime 95, OCCT.
    It will take about 2-3 hours to overclock the CPU.

2. Many times the application LinX takes approximately 30-45min.

3. You can also use P95 which will take the whole night.

Note : Uisng LinX for an hour, will make your CPU very hot. So its better to use OCCT that takes 2-3 hours.

Because of Overclocking there is a significant boost in speed ratio. But today, with high frequency processors, overclocking doesn't nearly bring in as much, relatively. So its better to reduce the number of Overclocking. Because many times overclocking can make the CPU to heat up till it burns. So doing the Overclocking may prove to be fatal for your computer. Even if you are doing the Overclocking, choose the application that takes a long time for this process due to which your CPU will not get heaten.

While testing a new overclock, initially let it run for 20 minutes till you found it to maximum. Once you've found your max overclock, you can leave it running overnight without any worry. Many times the data corruption, unexplained application crashes etc tales place. Not all errors are caught be stress test applications. Depends upon the reliability index of the windows. Application crash might simply be caused by a software bug at the beginning of the overclocking indicates that it's not alright.