Thread: Asus Maximus III GENE overclock and performance

Asus Maximus III GENE overclock and performance

hi
    i am looking to over clock this Asus Maximus III GENE for more performance but as i know some boards dose not reply as good overclocking so please can any one tell me about its overclocking and performance ?
    thank you

Re: Asus Maximus III GENE overclock and performance

The BIOS of the ASUS is focused entirely on the user to virtually all voltages, timings and other tweaks to customize test and save. This allows you to change the BIOS almost all voltages and then test your memory stability.Who do not want to go for the manual overclocking the system, there are several options. First, in most cases you can use XMP, which are standard memory profiles generally throughout the system an extra boost. Then ASUS motherboard still in the preset overclocking the cpu (3GHz to 3.5GHz in the case of the Core i7 870) and the memory can be clocked up by the motherboard you there without anything having to do.

I am able to push my kit Trident G. Skill PC9600 CL5 666MHz stably without using memory and northbridge voltage too excessive, the vDIMM is 1.8 V and 1.3 V. VNB .The management of overclocking memory was very easy to set via the bios and the help button MemOK that we had to use during a crucial test on the PC8500 card. Without using this button the motherboard would not boot. Some SPD timings of memory would certainly be released in order to boot.

Overall stability viewpoint for the system behaved in an exemplary manner ... no reboots, no blue screen at any cost, even with a FSB of 450Mhz, the Maximus II Gene retained this stability. i also wish to clarify that this range of Intel Core 2 Duo "S" liberates much less heat than the normal versions of these Core 2 Quad. The temperature of the different cores was less than 40 ° when the CPU was heavily used with software .