Thread: EVGA GTX 275 card low performance under overclocking

EVGA GTX 275 card low performance under overclocking

Hi,
    I am facing certain problems in my system. I had a Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9650 processor in my Windows 7 computer with 4 gigs of RAM. Now I had added a EVGA GTX 275 GPU in it. The problem here is that my GPU does not perform well under overclocking. The processor has 3Ghz clock speed but still this is enough with 4 gigs of RAM to drive optimum performance. I am trying to play a multiplayer game. After overclocking the games lags in between. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Re: EVGA GTX 275 card low performance under overclocking

Overclocking needs tremendous system resources. You processor is enough strong to do this. But the issue can be related to power supply. Maximum GPU problems are occurred due to power supply problem. You have a good RAM with enough strong processor but what about the power supply. If it is less than 550w then your performance can be degraded. Just open the case and check out the power supply. Because all tradition computer comes with average 400w or lesser PSU unit.

Yes I would too recommend you to check the PSU status. I have a GeForce Card. I had recently upgraded to 750W PSU and it offers a tremendous power. The performance is enhanced to much extent. I had overclocked the gpu and thing works fine. For high end graphic cards it is recommended that you must have a 800+W PSU's. Because overclocking put tremendous pressure on the system. See the below thread for more information.
    Making a stable overclocking

Things you must do before overclocking a GPU. The first is latest driver update, recommended PSU and good overclocking software. The performance of the game is much higher when overclocking is done is proper manner. If not then it can burn your hardware. GPU's have a cooler fan on them which reduces heat on the card surface. You can simply adjust the voltage of the video card and make it to work in your needed manner. And before overclocking read the manual that it supports if not then do not try to do it. Because the GPU which support overclocking are equipped to handle system pressure on them.