Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to overclock my ASUS EN9500GT 1GB HDMI (Nvidia geforce 9500 gt) graphic card. (HAVING PROBLEMS W/ IT)

Re: Trying to overclock my ASUS EN9500GT 1GB HDMI (Nvidia geforce 9500 gt) graphic card. (HAVING PROBLEMS W/ IT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyxVAthWbAA

Here is my video. After this i set my clocks back a little.

There at
    CC 625
    SC 1562
    MC 475
    (very safe and stable)

I feel they are more stable here and it runs fine after 8 hours of the comp being off. So how are your tests coming along? There is another dude on youtube that has his clocks at 750/1800+/600 but he has an after market cooler on his card. Do you think it would be worth it to buy a 30 dollar cooler for this clock?

Re: Trying to overclock my ASUS EN9500GT 1GB HDMI (Nvidia geforce 9500 gt) graphic card. (HAVING PROBLEMS W/ IT)

nice,

got mine running pretty stable (till now) on
    COre 655
    Shader 1607
    Mem 445 (<-- screen freezes randomly when i set it higher than this )

i have no idea about the cooler. the gpu can take about 100degrees Celcius and mine reaches 60 max so i doubt that thats a problem...

btw, try MSi Afterburner, it has a nice graph on the right to show your GPU Usage and stuff
    screen:
    http://img59.imageshack.us/f/17106028.png/
    Last edited by Nilsb7; 07-09-2010 at 02:21 AM.

I dont get how the other dude got his clocks so high? I feel like maybe hes full of it, but i dunno. As far as performance which clock gives you faster frame rates, mine or yours? So does faster memory clock give you more FPS over core clock or the other way around?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMh9l...eature=related
    thats the lick to the dude with the unreal OC

Quote Originally Posted by TruGamer View Post
    I dont get how the other dude got his clocks so high? I feel like maybe hes full of it, but i dunno. As far as performance which clock gives you faster frame rates, mine or yours? So does faster memory clock give you more FPS over core clock or the other way around?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMh9l...eature=related
    thats the lick to the dude with the unreal OC
    i have no idea, i was actually just asking myself that question :p
    i THINK that FPS depends on Core clock because the core is the thing that calculates like every frame and the memory just saves it for a sec...
    i got no idea whatsoever what the shader does actually xD

Im just going to raise the Core & Shader till it crashes ^^
    Core 660
    Shader 1620
    Mem 445

The N9500GT-OC-MD1G provides excellent graphics performance all without noise. The dot msi Express provides 10% more power and it is ideal for overclocking enthusiasts and multimedia. Finally note cohesion Blu-ray and PhysX will increase the capabilities of your GPU and your images. I am not sure that it is possible to overclock the same at such a high rate.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenz View Post
    The N9500GT-OC-MD1G provides excellent graphics performance all without noise. The dot msi Express provides 10% more power and it is ideal for overclocking enthusiasts and multimedia. Finally note cohesion Blu-ray and PhysX will increase the capabilities of your GPU and your images. I am not sure that it is possible to overclock the same at such a high rate.
    ehm.
    Could you rephrase that please? All I can read is that theres some kind of better card that has 10% more of everything, and wtf has Blu-ray to do with GPU performance, and what high rate? what are you comparing to?

btw im up to
    Core 675
    Shader 1656
    Mem 445

and its all stable no artifacts whatsoever

I have the same card but there is difference in the model of the motherboard. The card is fine but it is a low end card. Due to which there is a bit question about the card. I will not go for overclocking for this card and you might also not get a better output from it. It is recommended to buy some high end card for overclocking. Just for some testing I used once ATITool and EVGA Precision for overclocking. That does not gave me a high frequency.

Ill get a better card when i need it, but for now this card is fine. I bought this card for 30 bucks and for that price its a great deal, especially because it OCs so well. You say this card is not for OCing? We are here to get the best possible performance for what we got and so far i have had no problems with OCing this card. so i would argue that this card is GREAT for overclocking, this is a low W card so i think its even better to OC. Max temp is over 100c and im at 55c tops at full load.

Nilsb7 thats pretty good for the core clock. Im gonna do a little research on which clocks do what and ill let you know what I come up with.
    Im still running----
    core 625
    shader 1562
    mem 475

Im gonna try to get my core up to yours(675) and see what happends. Im gonna try not to lower my mem clock as its running fine at 475.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and a little side post.
    What do you think is better...
    3GB DDR2 PC2-3200 or
    2GB DDR2 PC2-5300
    I guess the obvious answer is 3GB but would the higher bandwidth and frequency run certain programs better? Maybe a dumb question but i dunno, i have the option for both and want to know which one i should choose.
    Last edited by TruGamer; 08-09-2010 at 05:21 AM.

Hi guys. I've been reading your posts wit the specs and i didn't find any problem about little red, green, blue dots when OC.

My specs are:

Of course this spec has a few problems, from time to time little dots appear on the screen.

Dots appear when i go up with the GPU specs...
    Last edited by mikde_oc; 11-09-2010 at 03:44 PM.

what the ...

Quote Originally Posted by mikde_oc View Post
    Hi guys. I've been reading your posts wit the specs and i didn't find any problem about little red, green, blue dots when OC.

My specs are:

Of course this spec has a few problems, from time to time little dots appear on the screen.

Dots appear when i go up with the GPU specs...
    ah this seems to way to far from the truth. or any possible clock

So i got my new clock.
    Core 690
    Shader 1725
    Memory 475

i put my core at 700 but i would get random lock ups with the picture, but no artifacts or dots. So went back to 690, had no probs with this clock so far be well see.

How your clocks comming?
    Also thinking about getting a AMD Phenom II 550 Black Edition and taking my chances on getting 4 cores, what do you think?

i got a AMD2+ Phenomâ„¢ II X4 940 4x3,0GHZ and its working great. only time it reaches full 100% usage is when converting vids or something like that. it'll be enough for the next 2 years, i hope :p

I have Gainward 9500gt the active cooling version

overclocked to (stable):
    Core: 625
    Shader: 1573
    Mem: 550

When i turn this a little bit higher the nvidia driver keeps crashing.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12