Thread: please help a noob become stable overclock

ohmy please help a noob become stable overclock

i've read numerous posts and still unsure as to what to change or modify for a stable system.....any help or reference is greatly appreciated. I also have some corsair ddr-2 800mhz c5 ram modules....2 X2 gb and 2 ddr-2 800mhz c4 2 X1gb.....it's just that salesman sold me ddr-3 saying that it would perform better with other hardware. I'm so frustrated and could really use some insight as to what, how, etc............

Re: please help a noob become stable overclock

I would say that a PC is as stable as the last stability test done on it, and that is a failure of these tests should be considered unstable. The importance of a stable overclock cannot be stressed too, if you know your overclock is stable, then any strange behavior that the PC experience can be attributed to somewhat moreover - a graphics driver new piece of hardware, the moon change the alignment with Venus or whatever. Have assurance within the stability of your overclock help to solve problems when there are problems.

Re: please help a noob become stable overclock

Get yourself a benchmark like unigine heaven or 3D mark vantage, this will help you test your overclock to make sure its stable.
    Overclock your GPU first cause its easier. Use MSI afterburner its quite simple and works well.
    Just make sure that you have adequate cooling or else its popcorn time! You have to increase the MHZ and the voltage only incrementally too, or else you could break your computer!
    Look for a good tutorial on you tube and youll be fine, however overclocking does void your warranty. (Who cares about that? )