Thread: Does Overclocking affects DVD burning speed

Does Overclocking affects DVD burning speed

I had overclocked my processor and memory to get more performance in my gaming thing. But after that my DVD burning speed is reduce. Does overclocking affects the DVD burning speed. How can I increase the speed of DVD burner. And what are the pro and cons of overclocking a system. Can use it for a long purpose. Any suggestion really appreciated.

Re: Does Overclocking affects DVD burning speed

Normally it is possible. Because overclocking put your system resource at the edge of degradation. Extreme Overclocking can burn your processor and other hardware. There are special Intel processor which supports this feature. So if you really enjoy overclocking then put some money and buy them. Do not play with your existing system. Add more memory sticks to increase the performance of your system.

This can be a firmware issue. Do the site of your DVD device and update the firmware. The firmware is like a drive to the device. A latest upgrade can fix up the issue. The speed of DVD RW is something like this. 1x means that it burns 1.385 Megabyte of data per seconds. That we can takes as 11 Megabyte of data per second. So if you have an 8x Rw then you can burn around 88 Megabyte of data per second.

Overclocking can fried up your processor. Overclocking means increasing the speed of a computer which heat up the processor. Second thing I don't think that overclocking is affecting your DVD burning speed. It is possible that overclocking is utilizing a large amount of your system resource and making your system slow. Just add up more ram to increase you system performance.