Thread: how to overclock Pentium D820

how to overclock Pentium D820

I am having Pentium D820 - 2Ghz & want to upgrade 3Ghz by overclocking. I don't know much about overclocking... so please help me....! How can be done that...?

Re: how to overclock Pentium D820

I do not want guess you to for these temps that high is, keep them less than 65C, but much luck, I have carried out my 3.2GHz P4 540 up to 4.4GHz stably and 4.95GHz in a suicide attack.

Quality refrigeration essential is for reaching and maintenance of good overklokken. The temperature of the different components must be checked to ensure that them sufficiently cooled down. CPU refrigeration gets the most of attention. Reserve cooler which at the most of retail CPU' s generally it has not been arranged for overklokken. There is a broad scale of continuation market ventilates coolers which a correspondingly large degree of refrigeration. water refrigeration is popular, but more expensive, manner of refrigeration components (generally limited remains up to CPU' s and video cards, but there are block-systems water available are for many types components). Extreme refrigeration options such as phase change is also available. In general the cooler is the component, further overklokken. Installing aftermarket refrigeration on the Northbridge is for moderate to high overclocks. There are also aftermarket coolers for Southbridges and RAM, although these components not frequently extra refrigeration in the most of systems or sufficiently extra refrigeration can be ordered blowing up placing an aerator in the component.

Cooling a CPU can be a trick.. Are you overclocking ? I ask this because most stock heatsinks are not made to handle the added heat from overclocking.

As to thermal grease compounds. Yes sometimes you need to clean the surface of both the processor and the heatsink. I use a cotton swab and a little alcohol. I do not touch the surface with my fingers. Let stand for a few moments and apply your thermal compound with a thin layer. Artic Silver is great stuff, but only a thin layer.

As to general cooling. I like having good fans. Front fan pulling in. Rear fan pulling out. As for my heatsink. I have the Artic Freezer Pro 64. My CPU at 100 % is at 31c. My rig is overclocked.