Thread: Sony Vaio overheating

Sony Vaio overheating

I have an overheating problem with the laptop Sony VAIO PCG 7A1M borrowed from a friend. Once it stays on too long when I play a game, operating at full speed and then turn off suddenly. I did test the temperature with Everest and it could climb to 91 °C (which seems huge, given that the temperature on my laptop does not exceed 45 °C). I added a small ram but no real change since (1.25 GB of RAM in total). It runs under Win XP, Intel Pentium R 1.73 GHz. Otherwise, no problem, it works well. No viruses either (certified since I do regular scans). So I guess it will open it for cleaning but I would avoid because it is not mine and I am afraid to make mess further.

After searching Google, I found nothing conclusive. Help ...!

Good day to you

PS: Please note that temperatures are credible because the PC is almost untouched still it is hot!

Re: Sony Vaio overheating

Do you think there is a risk to unscrew the hard drive to access the ventilations and remove the dust? Because it's the only thing I put off. I fear that removing the SD will flash all the data.

You do not risk anything by removing the HDD, but I think this is insufficient for a major cleaning. Especially at this stage, the thermal paste is certainly to be replaced.

Okay, I opened and I found nothing of such... Virtually no dust.
    So apart from changing the connection terminal, there is nothing to do? Extra cooling or other software?

Start your PC without HDD > you should only have the display Bios > see if it heats up already.

Let me be surprised that you did not find any dirt because the symptoms that you describe is typically dust exchangers (radiators shaped crossed by ducts which are copper coins.)

I arrived one evening at a student who had already cleaned his laptop. He dusted the fans but it was limited to thinking it was dust from the nest in question. The problem is just behind the gates of the output of hot air and that can not be blown from outside to inside, or to apply a vacuum cleaner sucking on these external grids because this could make the fans turn at a high speed for which they were designed.

Thank you for your answers!
    So what can I do to remove the dust if there is because there is no apparent things I know.