Thread: High Temperature Problem of Processor

High Temperature Problem of Processor

hi there

Last night i was working on my computer when there was a suddenreboot attempted by my computer and after reboot it display's the message that CPU was overheated. I also checked the temperature and found that it is really generating too much of heat.

Can anyone suggest me few solution regarding this problem.

Please help me regarding this problem

Your views will be appreciated

Re: High Temperature Problem of Processor

Check that the case fans are the right way around. A friend of mine had
    a similar problem, and it was caused by the fan at the front and the fan
    at the back all pushing air into the case. he turned the rear fan
    around so it blew air out of the case and the temp dropped by about 20
    degrees...
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Look in the BIOS settings, and see if the voltage is properly set for the
    CPU that you are using. Check to see that it is not being over-clocked

It's not uncommon for motherboards to incorrectly display temps in the BIOS. This is especially common if the motherboard was manufactured before the release of the CPU and later updated.

You can download a free version of Sisoft Sandra from download.com and it will tell you if you are overclocked. An old desktop I had was overclocked by the manufacturer and it kept overheating and freezing up. In my case the front side bus speed was set too high according to Sisoft Sandra. If your computer is a desktop you can add fans to the case openings or into the slots where extra CD rom type drives would fit or where a pci slot is in back.

If the cpu setup was improperly installed, meaning too much paste and/or not fully seated can cause the cpu to overtemp and with a bios temp setting can reboot, if so reset. Try setting the overtemp setting to react by shutting down. If it shuts down then its a cpu heat problem. If the problem still reboots then you may have a power supply problem. ALL FANS must be working where ever they are. Plus, a cluttered case of harnesses, wiring, etc. can cause poor aitflow reducing the effectness of any setup. The graphic if a hi-perf type maybe drawing too much wattage and it can cause a reboot. All these factors come into play by themselves or in concert cause an unstable system. Open case and allow it to vent even better. Also, understand the damage maybe already done as in a "over-stressed" cpu just can't stay stable, Athlon don't like heat more so than Intels. Check all these componets as best you can. Clean all dust bunnies and verify any fans are working. Verify what the bis setting for over-temp is and reset to deafults by clearing the CMOS using the clearing pins. -OR- use the safe setting mode some bios provide.

I had the same issue on one of my older computers. If you notice it works longer if you keep the "hatch" open, then you might be on the right track. All I did was install an auxillary fan in the computer case (near the air vents) to draw in cooler outside air to circulate. You can find these at most stores that sell computer supplies.