Thread: Temperature problem on Asus P6T Deluxe

Temperature problem on Asus P6T Deluxe

I need your lights. I have a P6T Deluxe with a Core i7 920 and a graphics card 4870 X2. Box opened in idle with Asus Probe CPU temperature I have about 49°, slightly better, but I have motherboard at 54°, is a lot I think. In full, it rises to 65° and freeze my PC, I have to reboot by hand.

1st question: Does one speaks well of the temperature of the chipset?
    2nd question: if yes to the 1st question, the chipset is found between 4870 and X2 processor, is that it can come from this? and if I put a small fan at this point it should improve the airflow and thus lower the temperature?

Re: Temperature problem on Asus P6T Deluxe

yes its the chipset can come to the beach or feeding area around the cpu.

I had a problem similar to yours.

My config:
    Asus P6T Deluxe
    Core i7 920,
    Noctua NH-U12P,
    3 x 1GB Gskill PK 10666 Series
    Gainward GTX 295
    Enermax Infinity 720 W,
    Cooler Master Cosmos RC-1100

The temperature of my graphics card (GTX 295) was around 75° the PC plants, but with the fan on the graphics card to 100%, so did not exceed 75°C and the PC was stable.

So I moved my graphics card in PCIe slot in my tower. Instead of having the graphic card on the PCIe slot #1 (blue), I've put in the PCIe slot #2 (white) by configuring the #2 slot with PCIe 16x in bios (latest bios installed as the P6T Deluxe OC Palm).

I managed to get my graphics card up to 98°C for about 50 minutes.

This is frankly the hassle of moving the graphics card in the PCIe slot #2 on the P6T Deluxe as connectors IEEE, USB and AAFP are below the graphics card.

In my config, I am almost certain that the crash has a cause and only the material southbrige is in the open when I move my graphics card. But I just do a test: I heated the southbridge with a hair dryer and nothing crashed.
    The temperature in SpeedFan motherboard available rose to 66 °C. I have not dared to climb the highest temperature for the components adjacent to Southbridge!

Temperatures 54 °C for the MB and 49 °C for Processor I find it hot. The graphics card that you have much more than heating the GTX 295 it seems to me and it may be warming motherboard radiators and CPU.

To check my assumptions, move your graphics card into the PCIe slot #2 (white)!

thank you for your return.

That's what I thought too, a problem of temperature southbridge which my case was stuck between the 4870 X2 that heats a lot and my big ventirad, there should be a concentration of heat in the corner.

Meanwhile I went to watercooling and I have no worries, of course, the temperatures are much lower, and everything is clearer in the box, there's more than just pipes

Longer crash while riding perfectly. In conclusion, I think I combined two sources of problems: a i7 920 and a 4870 X2, two products that much heat.