Thread: Overclocking Problems with AMD Phenom 9850BE Processor

Overclocking Problems with AMD Phenom 9850BE Processor

hi there

I am having few problems regarding overclocking my Phenom 9850BE.

The processor overclocks from 2.5 to 3.2 GHz raising the multiplier and voltage and it provides a stable result.

I also tried to Overclock with HT Reference as well. The problem using multiplier is that I can't get the NB Freq or HT Link for increasing and i am not using AOD.

But as soon as I go above 215 with HT Reference, my computer just reboots during a stress test. No BSOD or lockup, it just reboots. I've adjusted voltages for both CPU, NB and HT but no difference. I really don't know what to do.

Please provide some views regarding this

Re: Overclocking Problems with AMD Phenom 9850BE Processor

I haven't even laid my hands on a Phenom system but if it's not too much different from my old X2 one should avoid overclocking the hypertransport link. At the time I was overclocking that system there was no gain from overclocking hypertransport and it fairly quickly became unstable if one did. The hypertransport bus also had way more bandwidth than was needed, so it could in fact be underclocked quite a bit with no practical performance loss. Perhaps that is still the case.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I didn't notice that much lower performance when I was temporarily using the Asrock NF3 motherboard that only had HT on 800 instead of the 2000 I have with this.

I can lower the HT multi in AOD so maybe I should try and lower that as I raise HT Ref and see if the sudden reboot goes away?

i read about the issue on M3A32-MVP Deluxe (on ASUS Forums) and trying to clock this CPU higher than 3Ghz, i really hope this is solved soon just with a BIOS update, keep us in touch cause i really want to purchase a Phenom to get all the juice this mobo could give ... and i'm just waiting for the first results of 3.5Ghz with it,

Open up your PC . Pres "del" to enter bios . Look at the tab : "CPU Configuration" . Now in the tab "CPU Configuration" look for the option "Cool and Quiet 2.0" and set it "disable" . This function lower your CPU frequency when CPU isn't used . So if CPU is in idle this function should change the multiplier to change frequency to 1-1,5 Ghz . In load your CPU should work at 2,5 Ghz . If you want to maintain CPU frequency constant , disable this function .

I have mine at 2.9GHz, but then I was hearing this high pitched whistling noise so I turned it down a little. It WAS stable though, ran Prime95 for about 6 or so hours

Gonna try to get that noise to stop then continue my way on reaching 3.0 on STOCK cooler