Thread: Peltier chips - Conformal Coating

Peltier chips - Conformal Coating

I am old with 4 pieces here that I got as a form of payment of a show, are pc's of kind semprom 2800 + / 512mb and mobo pcchips.
    The bid is that I will use it to do tests with two chips Peltier I have, one with 230w and other of 168w.

I use conformal spray coating to protect the boards against moisture and condensation. Someone of you know well in places that do not apply and implement the conformal?

Re: Peltier chips - Conformal Coating

First decide the places in which to install the chips.
    If you use WATH I suggest installing a cooler in the tank.

Man, will be different projects, linked the processor, such as air cooling for the entire cabinet. But regardless of where I will use the chip, there will be moisture inside the cabinet and there may be condensation, hence the need to protect the plates.

My question is about the restriction to move the spray in certain places.

Depending on the location of the inserts the effect of condensation may reach different concentrations in different parts of your cabinets internal. It is extremely important to inform the location of the plan since the merger to cover different areas and can be of great help since only one layer at certain times is not enough.

The criterion of use is very hard and I believe that you are entering a delicate issue since the misuse of the cover may affect the operation in places where the use of ionic substances are necessary and such places do exist within a single cabinet.

Look, if I am not mistaken I got older folder on an electroactive circuits containing more information about the conformal coating. I think is in my room in UFMG. I can have to scan it and send it or even try to help you but I think that inform detail its plans would be of great help.

Thank you for your help.

In one of the projects will use a cold plate, a small copper sheet of 40 X 40 X 2 mm between the processor and the cold side of the tablet, in this case I think the ideal would be to protect the surroundings of the socket and its back. On the other hand, the idea is to make a small air-cooling system where a waster with a fan on the air icy cold play into the cabinet, then I believe that protection would be possible in most of the plate.

The point is that I monitor the relative humidity inside the office, and look for the formation of ice constantly. Thus the use of conformal will show more or less necessary.

How much heat the chips you brought? Already that is between 0.3 and 0.7?
    I say this because the system depending on the Delta T does not come to be very large, since the temperature inside the system is not less than 5 ÂșC unless the temperature decreases the risk of liquefaction dramatically. Like you said, try to install them in a controlled site and test monitoring carefully, perhaps the problem is not so great.

A question to be taken:
    A cooler with only a Peltier chip inside the tank, without radiator, it is good?
    In the case would be one of 91.2 W, with a waster of the side and a cooler with cold waster of the hot side.
    The waster water is within ......
    And the cooler will only cover the processor.
    Is this any good?

There will be a good improvement but I think that simply ending the radiator is not a good idea. Just be aware you, I could melt tubes and green channels with the oxidation of these shares. It is important that the chip will serve as an aid and not as the "processor" of all thermal change, because it really heats up much to get a Delta T so low ....

I talked to the seller and he said the cooler box of my processor gave that account. And like, do not put it directly into the water, but the waster that will be on the side of its cooler.

No friend, I think you did not understand. The Delta T of these tablets in most cases is very low. What is the amount of heat in these w chips you want to buy?

Then, 91.2 W is the chip that maybe I will use.