Thread: Blue Screen - P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP in Vista Premium

Blue Screen - P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP in Vista Premium

Hello, finally I took the components for my first htpc.
    Premat which was the first PC that assembled ... I thought of having more difficulties, instead the whole phase of assembly went well .. apart from the hand that trembled a little by applying the thermal paste.
    I come to (big) problem: I am trying to install Vista Premium (no SP1) for hours without results.

The hardware is as follows (carefully chosen thanks to the valuable advice and articles you read on this site):

CPU: q9450
    mobo: p5q3 deluxe wifi @ n
    GPU: hd4870
    psu: enermax modu 82 +
    Case: Silverstone cw02
    cpu cooler: thermalright hr01 plus
    fan: noctua s12
    ram: corsair TW3x4g1333c9dhx (installed only a module 2 gb in the slot b1, suggestions taken from the board asus
    hdu: seagate 500gb (SATA)

I set dram voltage to 1.70 and cpu voltage to 1.20, everything else I've left a default (even these settings taken by the thread mentioned).
    I upgraded version of bios 0904. Nothing has changed

During the installation process, at some point (sometimes step over the expansion files, sometimes a little later) I get a nice Blue Screen.

I tried to change the cables sata (and doors on the mobo) hdu and dvdrom but nothing has changed ...

Some suggestions or advice? I really do not know what to do.

Some suggestions or advice? I really do not know what to do ...

Edit: I noticed a strange thing to which I had not made the case: the hard disk and optical drive are recognized perfectly (in the bios there are all the information), but during the POST appears for a fraction of a second the message 'no hard disk detected ".

I thought: Has no drivers ICH10R new chipset. Then I downloaded them from the site before Intel and start installing Vista glieli do load .... nothing to do ... is out a message such as "no system available" and the installation process returns to the first step ( insert code activation, choice of modes, etc.). We come out more. It is good that this new motherboard is new but if I knew that gave me problems all sti prendevo a Gigabyte or DFI.

So, finally I managed to install Vista.
    I did all entering and two forms of memory, for a total of 4 Gb, in slots A1 and B1, the voltages cpu and dram as above,
    Marvell disabling the IDE controller.

Now I have two problems, one ok, the other far more serious:
    1) is the BIOS that utilities ASus show me a warning (in red) on the fan speed adapter, scored around 530 rpm. And 'normal that is so low? It 'a problem detection utility (but it is also the BIOS ...) The connector fan dell'Enermax Modu 82 + 625 W is connected to PWR_FAN on mobo

2) the system crashes in a random (from a minimum of 5 seconds after login to a maximum of a few dozen minutes). It seems to me that the problem is
    the gpu (ati hd4870): I get a beautiful black screen without more likely to do anything except restart. The fan video card parts suddenly, for no apparent reason, high speed and everything hangs. I installed hotfix_vista32-and 64_dd_ccc_hd4800series_64906.exe
    created the custom profile on CCC to set a Manual FanSpeedAlgorithm and 65 FanSpeedPercentTarget, as reported on many forums, but this seems not enough.

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    1) is the BIOS that utilities ASus show me a warning (in red) on the fan speed adapter, scored around 530 rpm. And normal that is so low? It a problem detection utility (but it is also the BIOS ...) The connector fan dell'Enermax Modu 82 + 625 W is connected to PWR_FAN on mobo
    Everything normal. Its a feature of Modu. You should be able to disable the warning system again from Bios.

Perfect, thanks. Then the septum from BIOS to ignored.
    Thank you very much.

Now I understand if you can do something, for the other problem is far more serious.
    But I wonder: how can ATI put on the market a product for which are not yet available drivers dedicated, but only a hotfix that in fact does not solve anything? Bleh...