Thread: Coolant question

Coolant question

i need to change the coolant in my computer because it was dirty & giving a lot of heating but i was not having any coolant. So my brother told me that i can use the antifreeze (glycol) from the car but i doubt that it would work as it is used for car? does anyone know will this be alright to use glycol in the pc?

Yeah, the antifreeze will def. work. Also distilled water cools the best but yeah they dont have any anti corrosion properties. You should better dilute the coolant as much as it is recommended though you will get some anti corrosion protection which will have great thermal effeciency. Compare all this to see which cools the better & which lasts the longest.

Antifreeze will do the trick if the loop is not running at 50c cause your loop has to be completely airtight to run in this temp or else you will get a strong smell of the antifreeze in the room. Tap water is also good, you can use it with no issues. Also use distilled water cause putting antifreze in the loop will give it a slight rise of 2 to 5c in temp.

so if i use distilled water with a ratio of 3 times higher than the antifreeze how would it be?

About 90% water & 10% antifreeze is normal for water cooling cause it will give strong smell if more antifreeze is used. Keep refilling it with tap water to flush it out.

The propylene glycol work well for low temp chiling & it is very safe to use it. Another one is swiftech's hydrx which is also good & if run with a tap water would be also fine. It is an algecide which you can put into a clean water.