Thread: Windows Vista Log Off Problem?

Windows Vista Log Off Problem?

Hi! I got my new Inspiron 640m yesterday with 1 gb mem, 80 gb hdd, Intel Core 2 Duo. Operating System is Windows Vista.

My problem right now is because of a bunch of garbage(softwares which i don't really need) installed to it, it's running kinda slow. Another thing is that when I click on Log off, it's taking so long for that one to finish.. so instaed of waiting, i just pushed the shutdown button.. I think same goes when clicking restart.

Can anyone give me an idea on how to resolve this issue? Please... Thanks!

You already named your problem there by stating you have a lot of "garbage" softwares installed. Vista's fun when things don't work isn't it? Your main problem sounds like simply too many startup items that are still running when you go to shutdown. Besides removing some "garbage" programs the msconfig utility is still available in Vista for choosing the selective startup. By keeping "garbbage" from loading automatically along with Windows you have less things running and hanging on exiting Windows. Simply type msconfig at the Run prompt still found in Vista as well as the older versions and press enter. Once the new screen comes up go to the startup group mainly.

That will be the last tab on the right side and ucheck "garbage" items followed by clicking the apply button and restarting the system to see the changes made effective. A good little freeware that cleans up loose entries in the system registry is another tool that works well in Vista as well as the older versions. RegCleaner is found at http://www.majorgeeks.com/RegCleaner_d460.html
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600