Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Sectors!!!

phokat de raha hai to mere ko bhi 10-12 chalega
    Bhaiyya... Phokat mein aapko sirf ek he CD milega.. Ek nakal per sir.. Eh..... One copy per head...

shrek_incredible Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_ya_baby
    I think constant fluctuation in power also tends to harm the HDD... (I mean obviously if you don't use UPS.. you will definitely crapify ur disk sooner or later)

Like my Inverter wasn't working once.. so we were using generator during powercuts..

and my disk developed bad sectors due to the fluctuation...
    Yep thats true...
    Infact everyone must have a UPS cos power fluctuations is major reason for bad sectors. Apart from that a good smps is also a must.

Hey dexter, i need a copy of ur new boot cd too.

or wait, do i already have it.

Btw does HDD regenerator work for NTFS?

I think you already have it ice, but I updated the wintoolkit.. Anyways you can always pick it up from me if you want it.. Besides- I thought that you werent gonna use the comp anymore after your results ?

Yeah, HDD Regenerator is apparantly filesystem independent....

Neo Guest
    hey dexter r u serious?? and if u are, then i need one btw why're you doing such "niswarth sewa" (selfless service) ?? trying to ensure a seat in the heaven
    with some punyakarm ?

bhagwan tumhara bhala kare

Yeah Neo, I'm serious! The only reason im doing it is to make my bootcd more and more popular- so that more and more people might benifit from it..

dex moi too want!

or if it is less than 50mb, I can download it too

The bootcd itself is approx 50~60 mb (rar), the wintoolkit included is 700-714 mb.

I'll be uploading the solo bootcd tonite for those who are interested in downloading it.

digen Guest
    hey dexy forgot me buddy??
    i was the first to ask the CD??
    anyway me too wants the CD !!

cngn Guest
    I wonder if Dexter could send one to me in Sydney just kidding sir Im okay here, have a dual boot setup anyways....

Well i have also faced the same problem.
    I have a 40 GB Seagate Hard disk, with Win 98se, winXP & Redhat Linux 9.0.
    Win98 had crashed twice when the Norton updater was running. The Harddisk was being accessed, but i restarted my machine . This happened twice, with each time the boot-time scandisk of the OS giving me message about the Bad Sectors.
    So only "Scandisk" was sufficient for me. Currently the bad sectors have been isolated.

The first step should be trying to replace the hard disk from your dealer (Always the safest option).

The second, if the dealer refuses, go to the Samsung website, and contact them. My friend had same problem with 60 GB Seagate (bad sectors). The dealer refused to repalce it because the serial no. (barcode) was torned. So he contacted Seagate through their website, and after approx. 3 months of patience and effort got a neat 80 GB as a replacement.

The third, Use it as it, (as i do).

The fourth, try to bargain the old hard disk for some useful gadget you want.

You can use the old Hard disk for R&D or for plain storage.

The reason for bad sectors can be: Rebooting, while the Hard disk is still being accessed, the RW head/s can cause damage to platter surface due to abrupt switching in Power...
    According to me, dust doesn't cause the bad sectors, as long as the original harddisk leather cover is intact...

well, i think theres smthng called luck.
    i had a p1 system. its ups got faulty, gave it to the repairs. but somehow i had to use my comp, so i powered it through the tv stabiliser. it swithced off so many times on power fluctuations, while playing games, downloading etc but nothing happened to my hdd( Seagate 20 GB). i still use it in my new comp. (80+ 20 GB).

Re: Bad Sectors!!!

Hello Dexter,

I desperately need your bootdisk. I need to repair a damaged flashdisk (16Gb) and I want to use Spinrite for it. I have Spinrite but I don't have a bootdisk that gives me acces to a USB device.
    Can you please let me know how I can get your disk? THX in advance.......

GRTZ................Papercityman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12