Thread: wireless printer not found by Windows 8.1

wireless printer not found by Windows 8.1

I have recently upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Previously wireless printer was working fine in my system with Windows 8 but when I upgraded to the latest update then windows is not able to find the wireless printer. There was no driver installation required in Windows 8 as well. I also tried to do a System Restore but it is not able to give me a time before the update. I am just getting a message that "windows can only print from apps" in my system? Can anyone please help? Thanks

Re: wireless printer not found by Windows 8.1

Just click on the 3 horizontal lines to the right of the address bar and choose the Print option. After that the default location will show as PDF, just click on the Change button and it will bring up a window showing the current print locations for different options like PDF, One Note 2013, XPS document writer, etc. After that click on Manage and a window will pop up to add a printer. Now select Add a printer on the top bar and your networked printer will pop up immediately. Just select it to the default, and now it is available from any application window.

Try to follow the given steps and see if it helps. First of all try to switch to the desktop version and then right click the Start button. After that choose File Explorer. Now select the Network icon from the left pane navigation pane of the file Explorer UI. Incase Sharing is turned off then you will notice a yellow line towards the top of the Window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change..". Simply click on this bar and choose "Turn on network discovery and file sharing".

Make sure that the printer's electrical cord is plugged into an electrical outlet and that the power switch is turned on. If you're printing to a shared printer or a printer on a network, make sure that all necessary computers and routers are turned on too. If your printer or other equipment is plugged in to a surge protector or a backup power supply, make sure that hardware is plugged in and turned on as well. For more information visit this website - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...&v4h=winxptab1