Thread: Windows cannot find C:\ProgramFiles\RocketTab\client.exe in Windows 8

Windows cannot find C:\ProgramFiles\RocketTab\client.exe in Windows 8

I am running Windws 8 on my computer. Recently whenever I start my computer then I am getting an error message that states - Windows cannot find C:\ProgramFiles\RocketTab\client.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again. It will be shown in the command prompt everytime. I dont know why I have started getting this error message lately. I have not done any changes as far as I remember as well. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Windows cannot find C:\ProgramFiles\RocketTab\client.exe in Windows 8

You need to go to this folder location first - 'C:\windows\system32\tasks' and then find and delete all the files that are having the word Rocket. Please note that also you do not need to delete any RTKCPL file in this directory because this file is a legitimate Windows file. Once you have deleted all the rocket files then reboot your computer and then you will see that there will be no error messages, the problem will be fixed.

You can try to install the Autoruns for Windows v13.2 which will give you the option to disable the startup items. Just search for the entry that mentions RocketTab or Client.exe and after that un-check it to prevent it from running at boot. Autoruns reports Explorer shell extensions, toolbars, browser helper objects, Winlogon notifications, auto-start services, and much more. Autoruns goes way beyond other autostart utilities. Download it from here - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../bb963902.aspx

You can also download a tool called AdwCleaner to remove this kind of malwares. This software is an effective program that can disinfect your computer from many types of malware. It has the ability to remove adware, PUP, toolbars and browser hijackers. AdwCleaner has a search mode. This mode allows you to analyze the machine and go in search of potential malware. When one or more malware is detected, the program offers you the opportunity to remove them.