Thread: after installing Windows 8.1, MSVCP110.dll file is missing

after installing Windows 8.1, MSVCP110.dll file is missing

So, I just did an update to the latest Windows 8.1 version and everything was looking to be working good. But later when I did a reboot then I started getting error that states "MSVCP110.dll file is missing". After searching for some solutions I downloaded the Visual C++ 2012 redistribution package and even after installing it still I am getting the missing dll error in my computer system? Does anyone know how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: after installing Windows 8.1, MSVCP110.dll file is missing

I would suggest you to run the Windows Updates and install all the remaining availables updates including the optional driver or firmware and software updates as well, just go to this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...ows-update-faq. Also if you are facing problems to download the Visual C++ 2012 redistribution package to fix the MSVCP110.dll error then you should also try to install the update 4 of this package from here - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30679

The problem that you are getting might be related to any game updates as well. If the above solutions doesnt work for you then you should try to check with the game manufacturer for any game updates or patches which needs to be installed in your Windows 8.1. If still the problem occurs then you can try to unistall and reinstall Windows Essentials because your Windows Live Photogallery, the Photo Gallery might have got corrupted.

I will suggest you to perform a clean boot in your Windows 8.1 operating system and see if that fixes the issue. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type msconfig in the search box, and then tap or click msconfig. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable. Close Task Manager. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135