Thread: Flight Simulator X crash fix on Windows 8.1

Flight Simulator X crash fix on Windows 8.1

When I was using Windows 8 then Flight Simulator X was working flawlessly on this operating system but after updating to Windows 8.1 this game is crashing whenever I am pressing the Fly Now on the free flight screen. I am only able to play the missions but not the free flight. I am using an HP all in one computer with i5 processor and nvidia graphics. I have already did a uninstall and reinstall of this game to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix crashing issue of Flight Simulator X on Windows 8.1? Thanks

Re: Flight Simulator X crash fix on Windows 8.1

Even I was facing the same problem and after a lot of search I was finally able to solve this problem. All you need to do is right click on the game exe file and then run it in compatibility mode and then choose Windows Vista Service Pack 2 from the given options. After that launch Flight Simulator X and then go to Settings > Personalise. Now search for graphics card tab and then tick the box related to Preview DirectX 10. Now the game will work fine for you.

First of all remove FSX from your pc and acceleration software to begin cleaning. After that insert the FSX disc and when the box opens, dont do anything. Go to Apps and then at the right side, left click on My Pc and right click on your DVD drive and open it. After that find the exe file and right click on it and choose Properties and go to Compatibility tab. After that change the compatibility mode to Windows 7 and click ok. Now double click on the FSX.exe file and complete the installation. After that search and download FSX Service Packs 1 and 2 from the internet and install it on your pc. After that follow the steps given above to play this game.

It might also be possible due to old or outdated graphics driver, the game is not performing well, even if it is able to launch properly. So, try to search for the latest video drivers available for your system and install it immediately. Also, install the latest patch available for Flight Simulator X game and see if that works for you. You will also need to install the latest DirectX version that can be easily found on the microsoft website.