Thread: Windows 7 on 27inch monitor working really slow

Windows 7 on 27inch monitor working really slow

I just replaced my monitor and bought a new gaming model. It is a big 27inch size monitor. The display quality here is awesome. But there is some problem when I am trying to use windows. It is not working as per my expectation. I had seen that when I try to open a few things like applications it is slow. Like when I open a web browser it takes a long time and it also slow down my entire system. Streaming videos is also very annoying on it. Because it keeps on buffering and does not end. The same use to work fine on my regular 18inch monitor. What can be the problem.

Re: Windows 7 on 27inch monitor working really slow

Try to reduce the screen resolution and then test back. I am quiet sure you will get a decent output from the same. If you are using your system at max resolution then there might be performance problem. It is just for testing purpose. If the system works well on low resolution then I am quiet sure that it will start working. And if this works well then you have to get a graphic card and that will surely enhance the output by giving you a support for more bigger resolution. You can get a budget card from the market. No need to buy a high end one.

It can be due to a slow hard drive also. For that I think you must use a good disk defragmentation software. Just run that and scan your system with it. And I am quiet sure that it will boot the output. I think the issue that you are facing is due to the slow drive performance. And by scanning it properly will surely make it work properly. If the existing tool in Windows is not helping you much then you can try using a third party software also. There are system tuneup software that would help you in the same way.

Just test by reducing the resolution as mentioned above. I do not really think the issue you are facing is due to resolution. There is something else. You have to ensure that you are having the latest video driers. Or else the issue will remain constant. You can try finding the driers on the official site of your motherboard manufacturer or the graphic card manufacturer. Try to find that and instal that on your pc and then recheck. I am quiet sure that it might start working you wont be facing much problem after that.

Disable all the start-up services through msconfig first. It is necessary to find what thing is causing the problem in your system. You can use a advance process explorer software for the same. There are ample of them. Process explorer will give you the list of background services. You can then slowly remove all those which are not needed. It is also a good idea to format your pc. Because that is also going to help you a lot. But keep that as the last option. If nothing helps you then formatting is the only thing left.